• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Discussion about Armin labs (Split Thread).

paolo

Regarding the above, which admittedly I only skim-read, I think it's perhaps interesting to note that personally I had a negative response on Armin's LTT, and then retested after a couple of weeks of Doxycycline and was positive. I recall others detailing similar experiences to the point of it seeming like a fairly common occurrence, and so I wonder if it is not possible that the antibiotics were a driving factor towards increased probability of cross-reactivity and hence the false-positives. Either way I'm quite sure I never had Lyme.

My guess here is that the use of antibiotics leads to disruption in gut flora, with a release of bacterial fragments in the circulation, which in turn induces a temporary T cell activation against bacterial antigens. This is what is then detected by the LTT.

Last edited: