Phoenix Rising Founder
- Phoenix Rising - Four Part Section on Disability and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): Helpful Hints / Getting the Diagnosis / Documenting Your Limitations / Resources
- The CFIDS Association of America has several packets and booklets on disability
- Dis-InIssues a Yahoo discussion group (not a support group) site where patients with invisible disabilities such as CFS and FM can share information and advice about the processes of applying for, appealing, and renewing Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and private long-term disability insurance.
- A Handbook on How to Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits If You Have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/CFIDS) - compiled by Kenneth S. Casanova - is available free from the Massachusetts CFIDS Association website. Easily the best single resource on disability for chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Attorney Scott Davis has written several articles focused on ME/CFS disability
- An good rather technical two- part article on achieving disability in chronic fatigue syndrome from the Disability Doc website.
- Dr. Podell's Tips on Disability
- DisabilityInfo.gov - Provides information on the federal government and disability]
- Untangling the Web an exhaustive, award-winning linked listing of disability information on the Web, sponsored by the International Center for Disability Information at West Virginia University. This international resource covers topics ranging from computer technology to employment and career resources.
- HealthWell Foundation - The HealthWell Foundation provides financial assistance to underinsured individuals living with chronic or life-threatening illnesses such as cancer, asthma and autoimmune disorders. HealthWell has helped more than 40,000 patients afford their prescription drug co-payments, premiums and other out-of-pocket health care costs. Information on co-pay assistance for underinsured. Help raise awareness about co-payment assistance. To receive quarterly news updates, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 61 Questions About Social Security Disability Services"]Disability Services Guide -
Disability services can help applicants navigate the disability process. This disability services FAQ answers many of your questions. (About Arthritis)
- Disability Issues for Those With Headaches and Migraine DiseaseOne of the problems people with headache disorders and Migraine disease have when it comes to disability issues is that ours are invisible diseases. Still, we have rights under the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act (About Headaches & Migraines)
- Disability Forums - these forums focus on private LTD insurance issues (not SSDI).