• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Difference between nitroglycerine sublingual and tablets for anginal pain etc?

ChookityPop

I have OI that has worsened. I have these new symptoms that starts with shortness of breath before I get this pressing heavy feeling in my left chest. Tried nitroglycerine sublingual spray a while back that seemed to be very helpful. Im now on the lookout for nitroglycerine sublingual spray but I have only found a source for tablets atm. Will ask my GP this week too.

Can I ask what your experiences has been with the different variants?

Found this:
Nitroglycerin (glyceryl trinitrate, CAS 55-63-0, NTG) administered with an oral spray may be more effective in relieving anginal pain than sublingual tablets especially when the patient's mouth is dry.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9079231/

When it comes to tablets, what dosing and schedule should one follow?

I will research this further but wanted to ask you guys.

LINE

Not sure if this helps, but I was put on Imdur which is a script (Isosorbide mononitrate) for blood pressure. It modulates nitric oxide. I have no complaints.