• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Didn’t know where to put this, i have been taking ivermecting.

bensmith

first bad sides, slowly started one pill a day, finally found med that works! Last about a week or two.

Last night felt like my brain stem was very hot and pain. Felt a Ping pong ball was bouncing around body and in pain. Also stomach issues, had diarrhea entire time.

scariest part was i felt like i dissipated or i was about to fall unconscious. I’m scared i feel like something bad is about to happen. I’m afraid if i stop taking the med something bad will happen n if i dont something will too.

nerd

As with therapeutics in general. Without a biomarker that allows controlling the disease severity, it's quite difficult to distinguish the side effects of a drug from the disease's symptoms. Even worse for CFS/ME, there is no integrated care available to at least give reassurance to the patients.

From my personal experience with CFS/ME, I just keep going and hope to live another day. There are only a few days where I have no symptoms at all. On all the other days, there's something that could make me worried if I let it get over my head. If any other patient would experience these symptoms, they probably would call the ambulance or look for an emergency clinic. But eventually, you get used to it that there always is something. Eventually, you stop caring. Because these physicians wouldn't care either, so why waste my time with them?

bensmith

@nerd i def feel you and this sentiment. I really have no way of telling which way is up or down. Its impossible.

took another dose today, still going. The back of my head and neck is super sore and i feel terrible. I wish i had the good stuff from last week. But again like you said it could just be the disease : /

bensmith

@wabi-sabi it was clearly helping me last week but now i think the helping is trending down. So the problems are coming back bad and maybe made worse but the bad parts of the med. i think this is whats happening maybe. I’m worried something bad will happen, no matter what i do.

all of the bad things could be my cfs its very bad, and they have happened before. But i just dont feel rifght.

LINE

As nerd commented, it is very difficult to determine whether the immune system does not like it because of the chemical structure or whether it is causing a die off (Herxheimer reaction). There are a number of tricks I use to minimize the later, let me know if you want more information.

Ivermectin is considered an essential med by the WHO and has broad spectrum killing power. I am sure you are aware of this.

bensmith

@LINE yes it was going very well last week or two, best i had felt in 7 months, basically since become ill ill. But now it is very much more confusing. Its ok i dont think this is herxing, i don’t feel fluish. I did feel fluish for a couple days in the first week maybe, but not as much now. I don’t think anyway. I’ll message you if i think it starts herxing again though. Thanks.

YippeeKi YOW !!

But eventually, you get used to it that there always is something.
Ain't it the sad truth ..... I dont usually take much notice of the poor-ish days, until it gets really disabling I just sort of shrug my shoulders and mutter "If it ain;t one thing, it's 5000 others...." and get n with as uch as I can get on with .....
i dont think this is herxing, i don’t feel fluish. I did feel fluish for a couple days in the first week maybe
You said you think you had COVID a few months ago. Could this be a conflict between the Invermectin and whatever antibodies you may have built up from the COVID? And if it is, might it be better to back it down for a bit before it explodes into full-blown civil war?

Like I know :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ..... just a guess .... hoping you feel a little better now ....

bensmith

I had covid almost a year ago for the first time, no anti bodies first infection. Infected again December not sure about those. Yes last night i felt much better and today still. Nothing makes any sense lol. But ill take it. I dont really know whats going on tbh.

bensmith

I’m not taking any of that but thanks.

i think i have read that paper. I figured since i was 16 days in it wasn’t as likely but but sure. Did that day 8 years later? I had some of the bad stuff that could be neuro but had all of that with long covid too.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Ivermectin may possibly interact with benzodiazepines, calcium channel blockers, statins, antihistamines, antidepressants, anxiolytics, protease inhibitors, CYP3A4 substrates (?), antiretroviral agents (?), and other medications.
Wow !!! It would have been easier to list what it doesnt interact with .... particularly in regards to CYP3A substrates, which include everything from acetaminaphen to benzos, cardiac drugs, antibiotics, carcinogenics, some steroids, you name it.....

Just.... wow!!!! And great list, @dave11, thank you for posting that. It's possibly going to save a lot of people a lot of aggravation and potential pain ..

YippeeKi YOW !!

I’m not taking any of that but thanks.

i think i have read that paper. I figured since i was 16 days in it wasn’t as likely but but sure. Did that day 8 years later? I had some of the bad stuff that could be neuro but had all of that with long covid too.
I'm having trouble deciphering your post .... it's probably me, but if you could help out ...... I'm assuming 'Did that day 8 years later?" is 'Did that say 8 years later?', but stumped by ' ...had some bad stuff that could be neuro ...' and everything after that. Totally baffled. Help :bang-head::bang-head:.

dave11

I'm having trouble deciphering your post .... it's probably me, but if you could help out ...... I'm assuming 'Did that day 8 years later?" is 'Did that say 8 years later?', but stumped by ' ...had some bad stuff that could be neuro ...' and everything after that. Totally baffled. Help :bang-head::bang-head:.

The cited article references "14 days and 8 years" in reference to the half life of ivermectin in comparison to the time of onset of symptoms in a particular case. On account of the lengthy delay, the case was excluded from the study. (Used the handy "Control F function" to find in the document).

https://www.ajtmh.org/view/journals/tpmd/98/2/article-p382.xml

bensmith

Ok thanks. I was confused by the 8 year onset of the issue.

i just meant i have had covid neuro issues since the start and all of this could be either. But there is overlap with ivm red flags/neuro issues and my normal cfs/long covid.

YippeeKi YOW !!

On account of the lengthy delay, the case was excluded from the study. (Used the handy "Control F function" to find in the document).
Thanks @dave11 and @bensmith .... it all makes sense now.

Like you, @bensmith, I was one of the early COVID cases, in mid-March 2020, and in what I have to assume, given everything I've read subsequently, was a 'mild' case. It was several weeks of abject misery, on top of the regular every day issues of my ME. Recovery has been, shall we say, languid.

It's virtually impossible for me to separate the long COVID issues from my normal :rolleyes::rolleyes: ME shite, and I dont even try anymore. I just know that some things are intermittently infinitely harder to do, execute, deal with, or manage since the COVID, and that the fatigue and brain fog, which had been very slowly improving up until then, took a hit whose impact varies from day to day.

And I'd rather eat a cockroach souffle than ingest any psychoactive drug or treatment protocol that could screw with my already thoroughly screwed with CNS, brain, sympathetic nervous system, parasympathetic nervous system, enteric nervous system, adrenals, thyroid, neurotransmitters, HPA axis, and system in general

I have a healthy respect for those drugs, often handed out so liberally by Drs (until a patient really needs them, when the lid of the treasure chest slams shut, at least from everything I;ve read in these threads as well as more limited personal experience), at least until they decide to withhold them.

I salute all of you brave voyagers who are giving them a try, and I read your reports from the front avidly, and with great empathy :woot::woot::woot: :thumbsup::thumbsup: ....

Rock on .... And onward and upward :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket: !!!!