• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Did finding an infection via Armin Labs have a positive influence on your treatment & recovery

Did finding an infection via Armin Labs have a positive influence on your treatment & recovery plan?

• Total voters

godlovesatrier

I voted yes because the positive viral results gave me the impetus to maintain my anti viral tonic for several months and I do feel dramatically better on it. Whether that's a coincidence is hard to say but I would say not. I have had a little relapse this month, just need to wait and see if I recover from that quickly (which is what has been happening with the tonic) or slowly (which is what was happening previously).

However the lyme disease results could be a simple immune reaction to lyme bacteria, that is, a reaction because there was once infection, not because there is a current infection. Armin Lab tests are incredibly sensitive but they are not very specific. It's hard to know what an armin lab positive result means. It can be A) infection active B) Prior infection inactive C) Dormant infection with potential to reactivate. The lab and your dr won't be able to figure out which one is which, because to my knowledge no test can do this. Also my sera spot was negative, but my eli spot was positive, which seemed a bit odd, as you would expect the reverse if anything, but to have this happen when they both look at different immune cell responses is strange.

I never did anti biotic treatment for lyme as it was very obvious to me it was making people very sick and much worse with what may well have just been ME. I do still wish we understood what causes fatigue and PEM though, especially the dizziness and disorientation associated with the disease. Have any studies even taken that seriously?

Fogbuster

Soooo that's 90% of people who got a positive test result for an infection from Armin Labs did NOT find it positively affected their recovery. Obviously a very small sample size but pretty damning results so far imo.

Hip

Even if ArminLabs Lyme results were accurate (which they do not appear to be), there is no effective treatment for chronic Lyme, so learning about your Borrelia status is unlikely to lead to improvements anyway.

You are probably better off testing for enterovirus and herpesviruses; at least if you are positive for these there are some treatments available that you can try (though the success rate of these treatments is not that high).

Last edited: