• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Did a Virus Make Us Mammals?

antares4141

I thought this was interesting cause I have heard people say that when they were pregnant their CFS symptoms somewhat went away.

snip"For instance, humans and other primates have two forms of syncytin—cleverly called syncytin 1 and syncytin 2—that both appear to be a necessary component for fetal survival. Syncytin 2 is a key player in lowering a mother’s immune system so the pregnant body doesn’t attack the fetus as the growing invader it is. "snip

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/e...Pi_6eKhu3hN1p3TLgGRSs-NbBe64KMuL9csUEAj4Imddg

antares4141

I'm too brain-impaired right now to fully absorb this, but it's fascinating and I'll be back for more when I have more grey cell function.

Or is it white matter?

Who knows. I clearly don't.

My takeaway from the article is that your body has natural ways to suppress the immune system.

My speculation is that when you do this you can alleviate CFS symptoms.

And maybe drug manufactures could mimic the process with a drug.

That would (maybe) translate into a treatment for CFS.

Possibly also something like covid where most of the damage is coming from the cycotine storms from the bodies overreaction to the virus.