• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diatomaceous earth herx?!

tootsieroll

I’m so disappointed. Didn’t think I would herx with DE. I couldn’t even tolerate 1/8 of a teaspoon. I mixed it in water and downed it. What happened was unexpected. I started experiencing some esophageal and stomach irritation. Almost like heartburn with gas. That was yesterday. Today I woke up and the stomach irritation is still here and I felt flush, alternating cold sometimes. But most surprising bit is my white tongue is clearer. I can actually see a pink tone to it. I have major candida issues and probably H.Pylori since I took something years ago that accidentally alkalized my stomach too much. This pain must be from the weakened stomach lining or gastritis. The candida is from a lowered immune system after going through benzo withdrawal for years. With how awful I feel from one dose, I’m gonna have to wait a few days till I try again. This time I will fill the 1/8th into an empty capsule so it doesn’t touch my esophagus. Does this mean I have candida all along my esophagus? Or is it possible DE is too alkalizing for my stomach? I thought I would experience more intestinal effects, not the stomach. I’m also experiencing an air hunger. I can’t believe i’m so sensitive :(

Wayne

But most surprising bit is my white tongue is clearer. I can actually see a pink tone to it. I have major candida issues

Hi @tootsieroll -- Even though you've experienced a lot of discomfort, it appears your tongue being clearer is a sign the DE may have done something good. It may not be the best way for you to address your candida however. Other options I'm aware of for fighting candida would include iodine, borax, and methylene blue. I suspect there are others as well. Perhaps one (or more) of those would be worth trying to see if it was easier on your stomach. -- Good luck with finding something that works but doesn't make you feel miserable!

Maybe you could start DE by using it to brush your teeth?

Ph is 9 which means if you take it in a capsule the stomach acid will have zero problem neutralizing such a small amount.