• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dhea

meandthecat

Thanks for the link heapsreal My GP views my concern about my health as evidence of my mental illness. That I have worked through this illness, not asked for sick notes and fought my way back to health seems only to confirm his prejudice that there was nothing wrong in the first place, and he's a good one.

I]ll look in to it ed

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks for the link heapsreal My GP views my concern about my health as evidence of my mental illness. That I have worked through this illness, not asked for sick notes and fought my way back to health seems only to confirm his prejudice that there was nothing wrong in the first place, and he's a good one.

I]ll look in to it ed

Its very promising that dhea is working for you, i hope i didnt sound negative but just good to keep an eye on how it effects other hormones. DHEA is helpful if your levels are low and your immune system is dysfunctional, it works on a few different levels. keep us posted on how u go and if u get some test results that would be interesting too.

good luck,
cheers!!!

optimist

Interesting read as I am about to embark in DHEA tomorrow. My doctor has prescribed me 25mg doses (I envy the EU and the US for their freedom to buy these things over the counter). As I read here it seems I should perhaps not start with 25mg? My values were about 50% of what they should be at last measure.

heapsreal

Interesting read as I am about to embark in DHEA tomorrow. My doctor has prescribed me 25mg doses (I envy the EU and the US for their freedom to buy these things over the counter). As I read here it seems I should perhaps not start with 25mg? My values were about 50% of what they should be at last measure.

I would just start with 25mg in the am and after a few weeks get tested again , if not high enough try a second 25mg at night. Splitting the Dose can help reduce aromatization to estrogen.
A total of 50mg should get you into the high range?

heapsreal

So, 25mg will not knock my socks off or anything dramatic?

Good point . 50mg a day is the usual dose. Some can get over stimulated by it initially , so it can be good to start low like 5mg and slowly increase that way until you reach 25mg in the am and then do the same with pm doses.

once you have good levels of dhea than can look into pregnenolone and increase in a similar way , tthis generally helps with cortisol and other hormones but can be different for everyone so need testing to see what pregnenolone turns into.

optimist

I am overmethylated and have insomnia from before, so I am just a bit "afraid" of getting more exited than I already am. But, I could use some more cortisol at daytime (my values are very low).

I am also starting melantonin now, so that will hopefully help me sleep at night.