• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

dannybex

@hunter1899 -- binders won't get the mycotoxins out of your head. I'm trying iodine -- Lugol's -- in water. Dr. Sarah Myhill rec's iodine for fungal and mycotoxin issues. Sinuses are starting to drain after years, if not decades of dry, thick, clogged mucus/fungal issues.

Then after that some binders might help for the gut. Several people in this thread talked about them years ago...

I can't remember which mycotoxins came back positive in my test, as it was 5-6 years ago (already)!.

hunter1899

@hunter1899 -- binders won't get the mycotoxins out of your head. I'm trying iodine -- Lugol's -- in water. Dr. Sarah Myhill rec's iodine for fungal and mycotoxin issues. Sinuses are starting to drain after years, if not decades of dry, thick, clogged mucus/fungal issues.

Then after that some binders might help for the gut. Several people in this thread talked about them years ago...

I can't remember which mycotoxins came back positive in my test, as it was 5-6 years ago (already)!.

This is what’s confusing me. So not even the cholestyramine will work on the head? Can you give me more details on how to do the iodine treatment and how long you did it until you saw results?

Also, it feels less like I have mucus that needs to drain and more like it’s inflamed in my forehead and eyes. Is this the same for you?

dannybex

This is what’s confusing me. So not even the cholestyramine will work on the head? Can you give me more details on how to do the iodine treatment and how long you did it until you saw results?

Also, it feels less like I have mucus that needs to drain and more like it’s inflamed in my forehead and eyes. Is this the same for you?
My head "clears" from time to time, but is stuffed up 80% of the night/day. So I have thick mucus to drain, but at rare times it feels thin, and the iodine is supposed to help thin it. I'm assuming I'm deficient since it's so thick.

It's a work in progress, and will probably take months, maybe a year. I put a few drops in a half glass of water and use a syringe to squeeze it up into my sinuses.

I'm not certain the cholestyramine would work systemically, but since it's mainly a binder, I'm assuming it will bind only what it's in contact with. It may help your forehead/eyes though if it helps lower the overall burden?

hb8847

It's a work in progress, and will probably take months, maybe a year. I put a few drops in a half glass of water and use a syringe to squeeze it up into my sinuses.

So you dilute the iodine in water and then squirt a few drops of that water up your nose?

How is it going so far, has it given you anything beyond nasal discharge, like improve your CFS or given you a Herx reaction?

And is the idea if you breathe that in some of it will get into the lungs to kill fungus there?

dannybex

So you dilute the iodine in water and then squirt a few drops of that water up your nose?

How is it going so far, has it given you anything beyond nasal discharge, like improve your CFS or given you a Herx reaction?

And is the idea if you breathe that in some of it will get into the lungs to kill fungus there?
I haven't been consistent enough, but a YEAR later, will now start doing it every day, probably 2-3 times a day if I can. I bought a sinus pulse irrigator to hopefully get the stuff higher up in my sinuses.

acrosstheveil

i took calcium and felt great for the first day then i felt incredibly bad. lymph nodes swollen, psychotic like symptoms, head pressure, just awful. could it be related to oxalates? or does calcium make the mold worse?

xena

most of us have calcium channel issues. i e we let in too much calcium into our cells. it can definitely make you feel kinda crazy.