• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Death by wallpaper

antares4141

I've only watched two so far, why do 50's inventions kill so many people and death by wallpaper. I am sure the people who didn't die right away were accused of having hysteria. It's amazing how to this day nobody accounts for all the legitimate things in peoples homes and environment, and rare difficult to ferret out conditions that can make them chronically ill. Nor do they test for it. I still want to get a heavy metal panel done. It's expensive I am sure but I think quest and places will do it without a dr's referral. I had one done for arsenic, lead and mercury in 2012 but I can't help thinking maybe they just throw the samples down the sink and take your money.

https://www.youtube.com/@AbsoluteHistory

Viala

I've watched this documentary some time ago. Funny that wallpaper producers acted the same way as some chemical and pharmaceutical companies still do to this day. Nothing is going on, people have hysteria. 'Dopesick' is a mini series about opioid addiction which is another good example. The only thing that changes that approach is less money coming in from scared clients. One might think that after so many mistakes in launching harmful products to the public something must have changed.

The whole channel is great, the videos are made old style, which I find really soothing as compared to flashy videos so popular nowadays.

Tammy

The thing about getting heavy metals tested is that it won't pick up if you are carrying heavy metals in certain areas of the body such as the brain. Won't it pick up only what is in the bloodstream? And that would be only for recent exposure.

antares4141

The thing about getting heavy metals tested is that it won't pick up if you are carrying heavy metals in certain areas of the body such as the brain. Won't it pick up only what is in the bloodstream? And that would be only for recent exposure.
Good to know one thing that makes me want to test again is the wallpaper symptoms described seemed somewhat similar to what we experience today. Certainly from the aspect of gastrointestinal. I wish I could stop eating to see if that might help me improve some. My diet now is small doses of things that are healthy as in no empty calories and don't do gluten. I still have to nap for an hour and a half most times after meals. Before I stopped gluten I felt like I was being poisoned and had to sleep a couple of hours. So it does seem to help allot.