• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Data base for supplements/herbs?

barbc56

I used to know a site about side effects and interactions for supplements and herbal products but have forgotten the URL. It's easy to find this with prescription medications.

I am looking for sites that are not considered alternative. This is not a bash against alt. sites, but I am looking for more science based sites.

Thanks.

Edit. Mods. not sure this is the correct place for this thread. If not feel free to move it.:)

barbc56

Bump. Somehow this thread ended up near the bottom of the page! Time for bed, methinks!

I used to know a site about side effects and interactions for supplements and herbal products but have forgotten the URL. It's easy to find this with prescription medications.

I am looking for sites that are not considered alternative. This is not a bash against alt. sites, but I am looking for more science based sites.

Thanks.

Edit. Mods. not sure this is the correct place for this thread. If not feel free to move it.:)

There is this one - http://naturaldatabaseconsumer.ther....aspx?referer=kaiserpermanenteconsumer&lang=0

bel canto

Consumerlab.com is a subscription-based testing company, but I think that some of their reports are available to any reader. I've found their articles to be very thorough and informative. And the list of what they test is extensive.

This is what wikipedia says about them:

ConsumerLab.com, LLC. is a privately held American company registered in White Plains, NY. It is a publisher of test results on health, wellness, and nutrition products.[1][2] Its mission is "to identify the best quality health and nutrition products through independent testing."[3]

ConsumerLab.com was founded in 1999. It purchases supplement products on the open market for testing and publishes a report on them with reports obtained on sample products it submits to third party laboratories for testing. It primarily derives revenue from the sale of subscriptions to its online publications. Other sources of revenue include a proprietary certification program, licensing fees, contents re-publication license fees and advertising.[3]