• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dante Labs whole genoma testing Results

merylg

Hi @Seven (formerly lnester7) did you request any panels from Dante Labs? I’ve just purchased a Neurology panel & a Metabolic panel. As you know I already have some other panels which were included in their original offer. Not sure what they would have included in your original purchase.
How are you going with uploading files to Sequencing dot com?

Seven7

Seven
Hi @Seven (formerly lnester7) did you request any panels from Dante Labs? I’ve just purchased a Neurology panel & a Metabolic panel. As you know I already have some other panels which were included in their original offer. Not sure what they would have included in your original purchase.
I have not requested yet, I gave up and made an appointment with a geneticyst consultant. Will let you know how it goes. It was just too complicated to understand for me.

Carl

I wanted to start this thread on what to do once you get the results from dante labs back, did anybody figure out how to interpret the report from https://sequencing.com/data-viewer/data/
I have used it but it is very difficult to use and only worth using to check for specific SNP's that are of interest. Most of the DNA has little relevance IMO and you need to work out which SNP's are actually most relevant.

Copying data messes up the data and requires a lot of work to get the data back to something usable. Notepad++ with regular expressions worked.
That is easy enough you just use the download link supplied to your data. It then gets transferred directly from the Amazon, if I remember correctly, server.

There was meant to be some new data formats rather than the vcf file that I originally got. I have not logged in for quite some time to see if anything has changed.

tiredowl

I'm wondering about the same.

I still haven't been able to access it.

By the way, is it safe to open these kinds of medical files on the computer? I just think that genetic info can be kind of sensitive, but not sure. Also is it better to buy the hard drive from them?