• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Damaged nerve cells?

HABS93

I don't even know if this is the right term. Not talking about the other symptoms. Just how come whenever I smoke weed my heart rate skips beats so often, makes the brain fog worse , tingling in hands and feet. Even eating a healthy diet to my own personalized case doesn't seem to affect the brain fog. I can make it worse but not better.
If I start to get angry like you're about to start telling I get very weak and shakey. This is definitely not normal but a clue . A clue to what though?
You could see my toxicology reports and argue that or my glutathione levels being extremely low. I've been support myself with NAC 1500mg a day and still nothing.

There's so many people on here using weed as a PEM shielder and I dont get why that's not me ?

Pyrrhus

Just how come whenever I smoke weed my heart rate skips beats so often, makes the brain fog worse , tingling in hands and feet.

Cannabis may tend to increase the heart rate in general, even though most people don't notice it. This increased heart rate might make any dysautonomic cardiac arrhythmia more noticeable. In other words, the increased heart rate plus a dysautonomic regulation of the heart might result in noticeable skipped beats. The tingling in the hands and feet may be paresthesia, a problem with peripheral sensory nerves.

Of course, it sometimes may be hard to separate these sensations from the direct neurological effects of cannabis.

If I start to get angry like you're about to start telling I get very weak and shakey. This is definitely not normal but a clue . A clue to what though?

I get that, too. It seems like a failure to activate the sympathetic system's "fight or flight" reflex. Since this sympathetic response is an autonomic response, we are, once again, talking about dysautonomia...

I've been support myself with NAC 1500mg a day and still nothing.

That's great that you've successfully introduced into your routine something which can boost glutathione. That's the first step. Congratulate yourself. And then start thinking about the next step!

Hope this helps.

HABS93

I found at my worst if I got angry I got really weak and shaky as well. My whole body would start shaking. It was pretty weird.
Definitely sucks. It's only if I'm working fast during a dinner rush I can ride it off. Coffee use to mess me up now it's something I get excited about . It's not normal because I never got shakey maybe if I was in a fist fight but shaking because I'd be scared.

HABS93

Cannabis may tend to increase the heart rate in general, even though most people don't notice it. This increased heart rate might make any dysautonomic cardiac arrhythmia more noticeable. In other words, the increased heart rate plus a dysautonomic regulation of the heart might result in noticeable skipped beats. The tingling in the hands and feet may be paresthesia, a problem with
Of course, it sometimes may be hard to separate these sensations from the direct neurological effects of cannabis.

I get that, too. It seems like a failure to activate the sympathetic system's "fight or flight" reflex. Since this sympathetic response is an autonomic response, we are, once again, talking about dysautonomia...

That's great that you've successfully introduced into your routine something which can boost glutathione. That's the first step. Congratulate yourself. And then start thinking about the next step!

Hope this helps.
The body is gained alot more longer lasting energy. Im having some days I'm almost 100% plugged in. I got 8 hours + which is a improvement from like 2hours.
When I smoked weed before this weird symptoms didn't happen from weed. Definitely something scary 😅.
What cause these types of issues ? I never thought about dysanomia before.

Pyrrhus

What cause these types of issues ? I never thought about dysanomia before.

What causes dysautonomia and problems with peripheral nerves?
Those are questions that many people here are trying to answer.
At least you're not alone. ;)

Of course, there may be a different explanation for different people, which only makes it harder to answer! :headslap:

HABS93

What causes dysautonomia and problems with peripheral nerves?
Those are questions that many people here are trying to answer.
At least you're not alone. ;)

Of course, there may be a different explanation for different people, which only makes it harder to answer! :headslap:
My heart rate doesn't go past like 100 bpm with I smoke weed. The strange thing is the first 5-10m I feel good (Dopamine release?) . Then it's like the body can't support the high so it starts having the symptoms mentioned. I forgot to say glutathione part. Thank you. Atleast that's starting up the detox pathways . Although my bladder is having a side effect from the supplements . Kind of uncomfortable nothing big but maybe it's toxins getting flushed out?? My integrative doctor said your biomarker for glutathione was basically 0. Assuming the sarcoidosis came from this unfortunate event.
So I'm more confused why is the brain still there.
I'm sorry if I'm asking alot of questions . My brain is so bad it's hard to organize my symptom's and figure out exactly what to do. The lines on my fingernails I had before and we're brittle have fixed themselves. My nails look healthier.

JES

Nothing strange with experiencing temporary improvements or worsenings. Alcohol makes my symptoms temporarily better, as opposed to for most people with ME/CFS, but after the initial improvement I feel slightly worse than baseline around 5-6 hours later. From my experience, whatever gives you a fast temporary relief isn't necessarily going to fix things in the long term (I know that alcohol, certain drugs/supplements and sleep deprivation at least are not fixing things for me in the long term although they can give a quick boost when needed, which can sometimes be very useful). The much more difficult thing is finding anything that improves symptoms in the long term.

The skipped beats etc. are common with dysautonomia, I have seen estimates that around 70% of people with ME/CFS have dysautonomia, some doctors even think dysautonomia is a central feature in ME/CFS. I even get worsening of palpitations from certain supplements like antioxidants, but it is what it, there is always something new bizarre that crops up with this disease.

HABS93

Nothing strange with experiencing temporary improvements or worsenings. Alcohol makes my symptoms temporarily better, as opposed to for most people with ME/CFS, but after the initial improvement I feel slightly worse than baseline around 5-6 hours later. From my experience, whatever gives you a fast temporary relief isn't necessarily going to fix things in the long term (I know that alcohol, certain drugs/supplements and sleep deprivation at least are not fixing things for me in the long term although they can give a quick boost when needed, which can sometimes be very useful). The much more difficult thing is finding anything that improves symptoms in the long term.

The skipped beats etc. are common with dysautonomia, I have seen estimates that around 70% of people with ME/CFS have dysautonomia, some doctors even think dysautonomia is a central feature in ME/CFS. I even get worsening of palpitations from certain supplements like antioxidants, but it is what it, there is always something new bizarre that crops up with this disease.
It's extremely confusing. I've gone through a million theories . My mom thinks I'm insane which is whatever but I've never really nice little l into it. Are PVCs dysautonomia? I've read alot of healthy people have random pvcs . They don't have CFS though . I will not know if I have CFS or not. My integrative doctor will most likely come to this diagnosis. He's only two months in so alot to rule out still. I'm not optimistic. These symptoms feel like permanent changes. Neurological symptoms is never a good sign.
My heart only gets bad now if I smoke weed. It slowly comes on . At first it's good then slowly declines.
I actually get them more if I drink alcohol ironically so that's interesting. I can't even down two beers . The 2nd one = stomach ache , neurological symptoms get much worse. It starts out good (Feels good ). Then it slowly declines. Which is weird because I could drink Abit and enjoy it when on the prednisone 🤔. Since eating healthy for.my own personalized allergies (Lower oxalate ) , protien/Plant protien , veggie, could be the supplements though.

Pyrrhus

I'm sorry if I'm asking alot of questions . My brain is so bad it's hard to organize my symptom's and figure out exactly what to do. The lines on my fingernails I had before and we're brittle have fixed themselves. My nails look healthier.

Never be sorry for asking questions. Worst thing to happen is that no one has a good answer. (although there may be some unlikely or speculative answers) We all know how hard it is to process information with brain fog.

And the improvement in your nails is likely because of the cysteine from N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC). Hair and nails are made up of keratin. And the largest component of keratin is- you guessed it- cysteine. So, by supplementing with cysteine, you are both boosting glutathione and boosting keratin at the same time!

Are PVCs dysautonomia? I've read alot of healthy people have random pvcs .

Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are extra, abnormal heartbeats. Your heart’s normal rhythm is controlled by a natural pacemaker called the sinoatrial node, which creates electrical impulses that trigger heartbeats.

Although the sinoatrial node can trigger regular heartbeats on its own, the sinoatrial node is also controlled by two sets of autonomic nerves, the sympathetic nerves, which increase the heart rate, and the parasympathetic nerves, which slow down the heart rate. Since both types of nerves are autonomic nerves, any problem with these nerves is a form of dysautonomia.

(The word "autonomic" just means any unconscious or automatic actions of the nervous system, and the word "dysautonomia" just means there is a problem with an autonomic part of the nervous system.)

So, dysautonomia can be a cause of PVC's. But PVC's are quite common, and they can be related to a number of risk factors. According to one university medical center, risk factors for PVC's include:
Frankel Cardiovascular Center said:
PVCs can be caused or triggered by:

• Heart disease or scarring, which can interfere with the normal electrical impulses
  • Low blood oxygen, which could happen if you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or pneumonia
  • Some medications, including decongestants
  • Elevated levels of adrenaline, which could be caused by caffeine, exercise or anxiety
  • High blood pressure
  • Alcohol
  • Anemia
  • Tobacco use
Hope this helps.

Reference:
https://www.umcvc.org/conditions-treatments/premature-ventricular-contractions-pvcs-and-premature

HABS93

Never be sorry for asking questions. Worst thing to happen is that no one has a good answer. (although there may be some unlikely or speculative answers) We all know how hard it is to process information with brain fog.

And the improvement in your nails is likely because of the cysteine from N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC). Hair and nails are made up of keratin. And the largest component of keratin is- you guessed it- cysteine. So, by supplementing with cysteine, you are both boosting glutathione and boosting keratin at the same time!

Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are extra, abnormal heartbeats. Your heart’s normal rhythm is controlled by a natural pacemaker called the sinoatrial node, which creates electrical impulses that trigger heartbeats.

Although the sinoatrial node can trigger regular heartbeats on its own, the sinoatrial node is also controlled by two sets of autonomic nerves, the sympathetic nerves, which increase the heart rate, and the parasympathetic nerves, which slow down the heart rate. Since both types of nerves are autonomic nerves, any problem with these nerves is a form of dysautonomia.

(The word "autonomic" just means any unconscious or automatic actions of the nervous system, and the word "dysautonomia" just means there is a problem with an autonomic part of the nervous system.)

So, dysautonomia can be a cause of PVC's. But PVC's are quite common, and they can be related to a number of risk factors. According to one university medical center, risk factors for PVC's include:

Hope this helps.

Reference:
https://www.umcvc.org/conditions-treatments/premature-ventricular-contractions-pvcs-and-premature
This explanation is much easier to understand then when I try to google PVCs. Must be anxiety /Adrenaline rushes. So strange I never had them before but I haven't been easy on my heart unfortunately.
That's extremely cool and interesting about NAC! The lines in my nails are disappearing and looking clear. My integrative doctor was right about me being low on glutathione. Do you know if it affects the bladder at all? It almost felt like nasty stuff was coming out of my pee. Nothing bad like blood just felt almost burning but just a warmer feeling it that makes sense. I just wish I could get rid of this brain fog /off balance feeling. I just can't seem to figure out exactly what it is unless it is just toxin overload and 0 glutithione