• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Current Symptom Exacerbation

RestingInHim

Realist
are many of you experiencing symptom exacerbation right now?

i'm wondering how the flu season affects us. i remember reading on here somewhere, sometime, someone saying they don't usually get the stuff that's going around. i have the same experience. my whole family has had the flu, but i haven't. however, my regular cfs symptoms are raging. think it could be my immune system going crazy over all the bugs i'm being exposed to? i'm not as knowledgable as a lot of you. what can you tell me?

the only time i got the flu was last flu season...4 times. it's also the only year i had a flu shot.

just wondering...

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Idk

I don't know when I get the flu. I often end up in bed for a few days, then able to be up again. At the times that I am in bed I think that this is it for me. The doctor gave me tamiflu to take if I get the flu, but honestly I don't know - he says you will know. Unless I get the chest congestion and high fever I wouldnt know. My temp is normally lower but lately has sometimes gone up to normal.

glen:confused:

RestingInHim

Realist
i guess it depends on what our "normal" cfs symptoms are. i can tell the difference...as you said, especially when it's chest congestion...and when i have violent episodes (if you know what i mean). for me...ending up in bed for a few days usually is from my normal symptoms exacerbating to the extreme...causing me to be non-functioning.

my symptoms don't lead me to think "this is it"...i just sometimes wish it were...sad to say. but, fortunately...that thought doesn't linger.

do you ever take the tamiflu? does it help?

thanks for the reply.