• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Curious if you have been helped by coq10/pqq combo or ubiqunol/pqq?

Pearshaped

It made me crash(for days)every time i tried it BUT I've read here from ppl who benefited greatly from it.
If you are severely affectwd with ME I would advise you to NOT taking it.

ljimbo423

I get a lot of benefit from high dose coq10. I take 600 mg every day and get a good boost of energy from it. I tried PQQ but didn't notice anything from it, even taking it sublingually.

Ubiquinol seems to work like Coq10 for me but much stronger of course and much, much more expensive.

Last edited:
If your issue is oxidative stress, high LDL, aging then CoQ12 will help significantly. Do you have any inflammation ie; CRP / ESR levels (even mid range my doctor considers ‘high’)? If so the CoQ12 will help. Also antioxidants are great! Bioceuticals does a great antioxidant formulation that just makes me feel really happy. My grandfather is 73 and he had a heart attack a few years - I got him on a better diet, b12 shots (was seriously deficient) and Uniquinol CoQ12 and his doctor was shocked at his LDL the next time he had a blood draw.

MTpockets

What's your dose I'd you dont mind me asking?
100 mg once in the AM. For several months I was taking it once in the AM and once at noon, so 200 mg. But eventually it started causing a sort of adrenaline rush, I backed it down to once a day and I've been fine. I've tried dropping it altogether and it was a major detriment. So I just stick with this dose, it seems to be what my body needs.

Seven7

Seven
I do better ( Amazing actually) on COQ10form I have tried, PQq and didn’t find any reaction, same with ubíqunol

LisaGoddard

Hi, I've found a brand of ubiquinol that really works - Pharma Nord. The other brands I tried had no noticeable effect (Doctor's Best, Healthspan). Coenzyme Q 10 didn't affect me either but that might be because I'm over 40.

But I can only take the low dose of the Pharma Nord (30 mg). If I take the higher dose (100mg), I feel kind of restless (energised?? I suppose in a weird, unhelpful kind of way) and then totally crash. This happens to me with all stimulants (caffeine, racetams, etc..)

BeADocToGoTo1

Just a little follow up. I did not notice the PQQ specifically and I tried with and without the PQQ. CoQ10 can be bought in ubiquinol (reduced form) or ubiquinone (oxidized form) versions. Your body can synthesize back and forth but it requires methylation. I stuck with the ubiquinol version. It can be pricy, but LifeExtension often has sales on.

When I took ubiquinone during my experimentation I noticed I had to take much more (4-5x) ubiquinone to have the same effect as ubiquinol. I would also spread the pills across the day at meal time. It is fat soluble (requires fat for absorption and thus in my case, with EPI, pancreatic enzymes to break down the fat and absorb the CoQ10), but the ubiquinol pills I took are softgel capsules with olive oil included.

Some people have issues with methylation metabolic pathways in which case it can become a bit more difficult for the body to utilize ubiquinone, hence requiring more to be effective.