• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cured my Echovirus 11 (pretty sure)

sometexan84

I believe I cured my Echovirus 11. Although I can't display the definitive proof until I retest my EV11 titres from ARUP, which will take about 2 weeks.

That said, I am very confident that when I get results back, my titres will be significantly down due to my recent treatment.

Echovirus 11 Treatment Specifics:
  • Quercetin 500mg
    • 2x/day (1 AM, 1 PM)
  • Metagenics Ultra Potent-C 500 (500mg Vit C, 35mg Niacin, plus others)
    • 2x/day (1 AM, 1 PM)
  • Safe to use this up to 12 weeks
Thought there was a shot that this could treat my Echovirus 11. And if nothing else, at least it would aid in intestinal permeability and inflammation. Quercetin is a plant pigment (flavonoid). Don't need a prescription. I bought mine on Amazon.

It's a 3C Protease (and 3CL) inhibitor. 3C Protease is thought to be essential for Echovirus 11 replication. Strong Vit C works synergistically, it's important I think. Although, it might not be. This is just what I did and it worked.

Titres before were >1:640. Too high for a real number. Which would explain why I had a 7 day Herx reaction that was awful, which began just after starting treatment.
1595993800088.png

I will come back and add new titres as soon as I get the results back.

sometexan84

That’s awesome, do you feel better as well?
I think today was my first full day w/ zero herx going on still. I felt great today. But it's still early, and I'm pretty sure I haven't completely cleared out Enterovirus from my system. And even then, I imagine there are others elements that will prob need to heal/recover from whatever damage EV has done.

Plus, I'm still less than 3 months into EBV treatment w/ Valtrex, and that's going to be in my system for a little while longer as well I imagine. And THEN, like above, probably need to heal/recovery from whatever damage EBV has done. Idk, maybe the healing will take place alongside the viral clearance.

So those, plus my Zithromax (2 weeks in) for Streptococcus and Chlamydia Pneumoniae... means I'm still on (3) sets of antibiotic treatments right now, not including LDN.

But yea, I mean, I automatically woke up at 8AM this morning. Had great energy the whole day. My bed time heart palpitations seem to be diminishing. Good stuff!

Btw, you know what's strange? This little cocktail for enterovirus treatment (quercetin + vit c), so, it's actually in the news now, being used for COVID treatment.

Quercetin and Vitamin C: An Experimental, Synergistic Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 Related Disease (COVID-19)

Which is really weird, because MY reason for looking into Quercetin was from this article about Echovirus 11 evolution. After that, I went out searching for possible 3C Protease inhibitors.

sometexan84

So, again I can't confirm this stuff until I retest titers to see they've decreased. But, after more research, I now think it's POSSIBLE that my herx reaction was from the Quercetin killing off my HSV-2. Which I mean, would be great news. Just wanted to throw that out there as I realized that is a possibility.

And of course I will be re-testing for everything, and will post updated titers here to make it official. That said, I still lean towards the Echovirus, as those were my highest titers for any infection and it was my WORST herx.

EddieB

Quercetin killing off my HSV-2.
In researching Dr Chia’s entero virus treatments, I came across Swanson Russian Rejuvenator, which has dihydroquercetin. Not sure how it compares to regular querciten.

I’ve been taking it off/on, but haven’t noticed any difference other than it didn’t seem to hurt me, which most things do. But at 2 capsules a day (50 mg each) I’m no where near the dose you’re taking.

Last edited:

sometexan84

Yea, I'm not privy to that one. You should go buy the Quercetin 500mg on Amazon, go do it! (<< this is just a joke, not to be taken as medical advice)

Last edited:

EddieB

That stinks. Wonder if it could be a cross-reaction w/ something else you're taking?
No I doubt it. I’ve talked with others here that had the same problem. Maybe famivir is more tolerable?

I have unexplainable reflux. My endoscopy are fine, doctors are at a loss. I suspect some gastroparisis, due to nerve/gut problems, PPI I’m on etc.

I know I need to work on digestion but everything backfires. I had just started a probiotic, L reuteri, supposed to be good for ebv. Started breaking out in sores, the got this swollen lymph and canker sore, for almost a month now.
Freakin’ crazy.....