• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crucial Info About Leaky Gut

leela

I posted this on another thread but thought it deserved its own.
There is some crucial information here, all the way through the final credits,
that everyone ought to have the chance to know.
(You might also notice a pattern on the corporate suppression/kidnapping of science.)
The documentary screens online free until 21 Sept.
1.5 hours well-spent!
http://geneticroulettemovie.com/

Dreambirdie

work in progress
GMOs are dangerous! Thanks for posting the film about them, leela.
Here's one long list why: http://www.relfe.com/GMOs.html

There is a proposition on the ballot in CA. It's a grassroots effort: PROP 37--CA RIGHT TO KNOW. It will require all GMO food sold in CA to be labelled. It would be the FIRST GMO LABELING LAW.
http://www.carighttoknow.org/join

"Monsanto and Dow and DuPont and major food processors like Pepsi and CocaCola have already put up $25 million to defeat GMO labeling in California"
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...30/an-urgent-message-from-ronnie-cummins.aspx

You can read their b.s. here: http://www.noprop37.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=nlsearch

If we can pass PROP 37, it will be the first step to removing GMOs from our food supply.
So if you know anyone in CA, please let them know to vote YES on 37.

Marg

Yes, I have been watching this..intertesting how neither candidate has not addressed it. Vermont wanted labeling but dropped it becasue of a possible Monsanto law suit.

I cannot believe how the majority of people I know do not seen to care. They think as long as a product is bought in the store it is fine. I have been reading labels and eating as organically as possible for several years not an easy thing here. There is finally a movement here, my husband and I attended a meeting a few weeks ago. I was very surprised that less that 50 people attended the meeting and we were served an entire organic dinner. It was adverised in the paper but not one report of the meeting and no press there and what big news it was. Professors from Auburn and Tuskegee Universities gave power point presentations.

I see fields of GMO peanuts, corn, cotton and soy every day, not a weed or pest but deadly. The pesticide in the seed goes through the entire plant making it Round-Up ready. It is dusgusting what has been allowered to happen and started as far back as 72.

I saw a horrible video of depopulation, only the wealtiest and healthiest. I am not sure f it has been taken off You Tube yet or not.

California must win Prop 37, it will be the beginning. It is up to us to demand good food and boycott stores that do not sell it. Locally grown even if not organic is better than a fruit ot vegetable loaded with GMO's. Feed the world is a joke more like kill the world.

It was also very interesting to read that Bill Gates had bought a ton of Monsanto stock. That coupled with vaccinating the world does not sound right to me.

So many children are sick and have allergies and asthma..well they grew up on GMO's and parents did not know it.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'm so glad that the majority of people in the UK are against GMO crops but of course we buy so much from the US it doesn't really matter, if products had to state whether they contained GMO food sources they would bomb in the market over here, I think??? But many people like you say don't bother to read the labels so they would probably get away with it .

leela

That was fascinating, Leela. Thanks very much for posting this!
You bet, Drew.
I wish everyone could see this. I fear too for all the people living around the vast commercial fields--
does the pollen also have those awful effects? I mean, much of what you breathe through your nose ends up
in your stomach, after all.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Dennis Kucinich calls out Monsanto.

"In 1992 the Food and Drug Administration decided that genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are the functional equivalent of conventional foods. They arrived at this decision without testing GMOs for allergenicity, toxicity, anti-biotic resistance and functional characteristics. As a result hundreds of millions of acres of GMO crops were planted in America without the knowledge or consent of the American people: no safety testing and no long term health studies. "

leela

Thank you so much, DB. That first one is so deeply disturbing--but people really need to know!
What a hideous scandal. That Monsanto won't even let people buy seeds unless they sign paperwork
that they will NOT be used for testing....very telling. Chilling, even.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Here's some more info from my FB page.

Anyone who is on FB and wants more info about Monsanto, and what to do to stop the GMOs, should check out Occupy Monsanto.

377293_368961899845765_1979418242_n.jpg

558723_369044279837527_1561169785_n.jpg