• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Creatine - only helps with working out induced PEM?

hunter1899

Reading up on Creatine and how it interacts with muscles. Does it only help with folks who have PEM from working out/weightlifting? I got PEM from being in a sauna for 30 minutes, so would it help with just overheating while working outside in the heat?

EDIT: Also is there a benefit to taking Creatine every day? Or only when I expect to exert myself? Also, how concerned should I be with the DHT effects from Creatine?

Wishful

I haven't tried creatine myself, since I lack muscle symptoms, but cumin effectively blocked and/or treated my physically-induced PEM, but didn't affect my cerebrally-induced PEM, so PEM can be triggered by different mechanisms, and require different treatments. To figure out how something works for your different PEM triggers, you'll have to experiment. Pretty much everything related to ME requires self-experimentation, since we all respond differently to things.