• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crashed

Archie

Hello

I been feeling bad for several weeks now, low energy and severe brain fog . This all seemed to pop in after i took summer job ( June & July ) I had no this bad fatigue & brain fog in May in my own job . The thing is, this summer job was in another location, with HIGH INTENSE EMF RADIATION ,and i was in it like 10-11 hours a day.

On june, only after one week i get bad stomach pains, inflammation, bloating ...so bad i decided to lay off myself, and only work to end of June only, so to get opportunity to have time heal myself. after the job ended and i moved out from intense emf radiation locations i was more and more lethargic and brain malfunction =brain fog .

I may now see some light, after more that 2 weeks of misery , and staying out of the intense emf radiation .Btw i have 2 different EMF-meters and i also used them to measure the emf levels at the summer job, so not my imagination.

Here`s what i think

I knowed even earlyer that mold, yeast, maybe pathogens can in some weird way get energy boost from emf radiation, like WIFI, mobile phones etc...they can use the radiation to grow more ( dont ask me how )

So this quite short episode with so powerfull negative effects really maked me wondering that i might had gut imbalance,generally some pathogens inside me that started to get boost from EMF and cause havoc in my body. It might be simple candida for example , i have had now horrific die off kind of feeling with really bad brain fog & loss of energy . Becouse i allready had stomach inflammation i started to take probiotics on end of June forward ,and so the die off i probably becouse of them plus the highly lowered emf radiation status ,as when i moved out from intense emf fields my body immuno system probably gained some strength again and maybe could start fight with pathogens ?

Anyway, this feeling of having CFS related symptoms accelerated/worsen highly in intence emf radiation was something i thinked to share here . EMF is something we cant see in our eyes or hear , blood test cant either show it, it is invisible . emf effects can be seen on pictures from blood thought, visible changes can be seen even with short exposure of emf .

So, all you with CFS , or persistant candida etc , keep in mind that it`s "possible" that the environment = low EMF or high EMF can be one CAUSALITY creating symptoms .

Look`s like i will never ever book any job`s on places that are full of cell towers , emf radiation, not worth it :pem: .

Archie

uglevod

There are some devices exist on the market which can measure the levels of EMF around you, google "cornet EMF" - that would be a good start to find out how sensitive you is(by modulating exposure to waves).

Archie

Hi uglevod, i allready have cornet emf meter, and other which is even better, Acoustimeter RF Meter Model AM-10 .

I know that i am sensitive for emf, but i am stubid and make big mistakes by getting myself still in to places where most likely is high emf radiations, learning this with the hard way ....it's like knocking head to wall:bang-head:

uglevod

Hi uglevod, i allready have cornet emf meter, and other which is even better, Acoustimeter RF Meter Model AM-10 .

I know that i am sensitive for emf, but i am stubid and make big mistakes by getting myself still in to places where most likely is high emf radiations, learning this with the hard way ....it's like knocking head to wal

You can try wearing special clothing in high EMF places - usually it helps to mitigate a bit.

Some protective materials are listed over here:
https://mpkb.org/home/special/emf/protective_materials
https://mpkb.org/home/special/emf/clothing

For sleep, the best thing is to get a canopy(google aaronia canopy), or make the one yourself, see:
https://mpkb.org/home/special/emf/whitezones/faradaycage

JES

It may be EMF, but it may also be any other possible factor, which you should try to isolate just to make sure. For example, I usually feel better in the early summer, around May and June, then I begin to feel worse in July and in winter regress even further. This pattern has repeated for a number of years and I haven't moved houses or workplaces, so for me it's simply a matter of seasonal change.

Heat itself can also have a massive impact, so for example if I sit long periods of time in a workplace with AC turned on too high, I invariably begin to feel worse. Plus the more hours I sit still in front of a computer, the worse my POTS symptoms usually get. And of course the stress levels associated with the particular work can have a huge impact.

Then you also have things like mold, other toxins in the environment, foods, etc. Even modern buildings can have a long list of problems and the way they are built "tight" can make problems like mold worse. For example, I found out in my previous workplace that the carpeting had been performed badly and somehow the glue under those carpets started to cause people symptoms. Who would have known that? The list is endless, so basically the only way to be sure is to stay in the same environment with somehow altering the EMF level yourself. Even then it's subject to the placebo effect.

Last edited:

uglevod

EMF is a toxin by itself(TLR agonist):

The amelioration of phagocytic ability in microglial cells by curcumin through the inhibition of EMF-induced pro-inflammatory responses
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3994595/

Robust pro-inflammatory responses are linked to phagocytic depression

Given the different changes of CD11b expression and phagocytic ability in N9 cells after EMF exposure, we measured levels of TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6 and NO in cell culture medium supernatants at various times after EMF exposure. ELISA indicated that the secretion of TNF-α, IL-1β and IL-6 was quite low in the sham-exposed control cells and the cells treated with curcumin at all time points (Figure 3A,B,C). The expression of the three cytokines significantly increased in N9 cells after EMF exposure and reached a maximum at 12 h (Figure 3A,B,C). A similar pattern was observed when cells were treated with LPS as a positive control.

Insufficient clearance by microglial cells, prevalent in several neurological conditions and diseases, is intricately intertwined with MFG-E8 expression and inflammatory responses. Electromagnetic field (EMF) exposure can elicit the pro-inflammatory activation and may also trigger an alteration of the clearance function in microglial cells. Curcumin has important roles in the anti-inflammatory and phagocytic process. Here, we evaluated the ability of curcumin to ameliorate the phagocytic ability of EMF-exposed microglial cells (N9 cells) and documented relative pathways.
In the present study, we observed the alteration of the inflammatory response and phagocytosis for EMF-exposed N9 cells. We found significant decreases of phagocytic ability and MFG-E8 expression at 12 h in N9 cells after EMF exposure. The reduction of phagocytosis can be ameliorated in N9 cells incubated with rmMFG-E8. The pro-inflammatory response induced by the EMF exposure was significantly inhibited by curcumin. Interestingly, there was no detectable change in MFG-E8 expression when the TLR4 antibody was supplied to N9 cells, but it was altered by naloxone. Importantly, the STAT3 and NF-κB pro-inflammatory pathways were significantly inhibited by curcumin too. This suggests that curcumin ameliorates EMF-mediated phagocytic depression in N9 cells via the immune regulation of MFG-E8 by the STAT3 and NF-κB pathways.
Our results reveal that high levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines were released at 12 h after EMF exposure and this was accompanied by impaired microglial phagocytosis. In the unconjugated bilirubin activated microglial cell model, phagocytosis was similarly downregulated for a certain time period, while considerable amounts of pro-inflammatory cytokines were released [34]. Inflammation-induced aberrant innate immune functions can be prevented by the inhibition of inflammatory processes [17,18,35,36]. As our results demonstrate, inhibition of the EMF-induced pro-inflammatory response using curcumin restored the phagocytic functions of N9 cells.
Our data indicate that pro-inflammatory mediators released by EMF-activated microglia can regulate the expression of MFG-E8, thus decreasing MFG-E8-dependent microglial phagocytosis. The addition of curcumin prevented EMF-induced reductions in microglial phagocytosis and MFG-E8 expression via the inhibition of the pro-inflammatory response. Moreover, curcumin ameliorated phagocytic ability via the prevention of pro-inflammatory activity in an NF-κB- and STAT3-dependent manner without the involvement of TLR4. The modulatory effects of curcumin may have potential for drug discovery for neuroinflammatory disorders.

1742-2094-11-49-4.jpg

Amelioration by curcumin of phagocytic ability for EMF-exposed N9 cells. N9 cells were pretreated with (+) or without (−) various concentrations of curcumin (5, 10 and 20 μM) for 1 h and then exposed to 2.45 GHz EMF (+) or sham exposed (−) for 20 min. (A) Curcumin pretreatment concomitantly improves microglial phagocytosis in a dose-dependent manner at 12 h after EMF exposure.

Archie

You can try wearing special clothing in high EMF places - usually it helps to mitigate a bit.

Some protective materials are listed over here:
https://mpkb.org/home/special/emf/protective_materials
https://mpkb.org/home/special/emf/clothing

For sleep, the best thing is to get a canopy(google aaronia canopy), or make the one yourself, see:
https://mpkb.org/home/special/emf/whitezones/faradaycage

Yes, i have been semi trying to get protective clothing to myself but not yet materialized , i am sure also that i should give some help with the issue, hey thatnks for the links!

Canopy is quite expensive to buy, i been sometimes thinking of making my own DIY project . I should try start with clothes .

Archie

It may be EMF, but it may also be any other possible factor, which you should try to isolate just to make sure. For example, I usually feel better in the early summer, around May and June, then I begin to feel worse in July and in winter regress even further. This pattern has repeated for a number of years and I haven't moved houses or workplaces, so for me it's simply a matter of seasonal change.

Heat itself can also have a massive impact, so for example if I sit long periods of time in a workplace with AC turned on too high, I invariably begin to feel worse. Plus the more hours I sit still in front of a computer, the worse my POTS symptoms usually get. And of course the stress levels associated with the particular work can have a huge impact.

Then you also have things like mold, other toxins in the environment, foods, etc. Even modern buildings can have a long list of problems and the way they are built "tight" can make problems like mold worse. For example, I found out in my previous workplace that the carpeting had been performed badly and somehow the glue under those carpets started to cause people symptoms. Who would have known that? The list is endless, so basically the only way to be sure is to stay in the same environment with somehow altering the EMF level yourself. Even then it's subject to the placebo effect.

I been having live test with EMF for years now, i get also symptoms in my home if i put wifi on and use mobile phone too much, or by just stitting next to electric/magnetic field any longer

I see this very real, sadly . But you are right on the diffent things , heat ,stress and basically all things are something that usually can have lot to high impact , slow or fast to health , it`s manytimes a puzzle as not all know what all things cause negative health issues .

I also get symptoms when drive car on any bigger road , even thought i like driving , most bigger highways have cell towers on sigh and more radiation that i have noticed

Archie

The amelioration of phagocytic ability in microglial cells by curcumin through the inhibition of EMF-induced pro-inflammatory responses

Given the different changes of CD11b expression and phagocytic ability in N9 cells after EMF exposure, we measured levels of TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6 and NO in cell culture medium supernatants at various times after EMF exposure. ELISA indicated that the secretion of TNF-α, IL-1β and IL-6 was quite low in the sham-exposed control cells and the cells treated with curcumin at all time points (Figure 3A,B,C). The expression of the three cytokines significantly increased in N9 cells after EMF exposure and reached a maximum at 12 h (Figure 3A,B,C). A similar pattern was observed when cells were treated with LPS as a positive control.

Insufficient clearance by microglial cells, prevalent in several neurological conditions and diseases, is intricately intertwined with MFG-E8 expression and inflammatory responses. Electromagnetic field (EMF) exposure can elicit the pro-inflammatory activation and may also trigger an alteration of the clearance function in microglial cells. Curcumin has important roles in the anti-inflammatory and phagocytic process. Here, we evaluated the ability of curcumin to ameliorate the phagocytic ability of EMF-exposed microglial cells (N9 cells) and documented relative pathways.
In the present study, we observed the alteration of the inflammatory response and phagocytosis for EMF-exposed N9 cells. We found significant decreases of phagocytic ability and MFG-E8 expression at 12 h in N9 cells after EMF exposure. The reduction of phagocytosis can be ameliorated in N9 cells incubated with rmMFG-E8. The pro-inflammatory response induced by the EMF exposure was significantly inhibited by curcumin. Interestingly, there was no detectable change in MFG-E8 expression when the TLR4 antibody was supplied to N9 cells, but it was altered by naloxone. Importantly, the STAT3 and NF-κB pro-inflammatory pathways were significantly inhibited by curcumin too. This suggests that curcumin ameliorates EMF-mediated phagocytic depression in N9 cells via the immune regulation of MFG-E8 by the STAT3 and NF-κB pathways.
Our results reveal that high levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines were released at 12 h after EMF exposure and this was accompanied by impaired microglial phagocytosis. In the unconjugated bilirubin activated microglial cell model, phagocytosis was similarly downregulated for a certain time period, while considerable amounts of pro-inflammatory cytokines were released [34]. Inflammation-induced aberrant innate immune functions can be prevented by the inhibition of inflammatory processes [17,18,35,36]. As our results demonstrate, inhibition of the EMF-induced pro-inflammatory response using curcumin restored the phagocytic functions of N9 cells.
Our data indicate that pro-inflammatory mediators released by EMF-activated microglia can regulate the expression of MFG-E8, thus decreasing MFG-E8-dependent microglial phagocytosis. The addition of curcumin prevented EMF-induced reductions in microglial phagocytosis and MFG-E8 expression via the inhibition of the pro-inflammatory response. Moreover, curcumin ameliorated phagocytic ability via the prevention of pro-inflammatory activity in an NF-κB- and STAT3-dependent manner without the involvement of TLR4. The modulatory effects of curcumin may have potential for drug discovery for neuroinflammatory disorders.

1742-2094-11-49-4.jpg

Amelioration by curcumin of phagocytic ability for EMF-exposed N9 cells. N9 cells were pretreated with (+) or without (−) various concentrations of curcumin (5, 10 and 20 μM) for 1 h and then exposed to 2.45 GHz EMF (+) or sham exposed (−) for 20 min. (A) Curcumin pretreatment concomitantly improves microglial phagocytosis in a dose-dependent manner at 12 h after EMF exposure.

1742-2094-11-49-4.jpg

1z4bu1.jpg

I should try take some curcumin, i did not know this link it have with EMF

Archie

@Archie If you have EBV, might working on that, with Valtrex ir Valcyte perhaps help you?

Thanks Learner1, i should get test done to know, i have allways problems to get things done, so i have failed to much take lab test....i did take iron ferritin and ceruloplasmin and crp last week ,all were with normal range....i keep those 2 medicines in mind

Is there own lab test for acute EBV infection and chronic EBV infections ?

Learner1

My chronic EBV was missed by the typical antibody tests, but a PCR test finds the DNA of the EBV and found it.

It is worthwhile to find and treat EBV as it can deplete you of resources, and worse, trigger all kinds of autoimmunity.

The typical EBV tests are EBNA, EA, and VCA, with IgG, IgM for each.

I've attached some documents on how tricky testing for EBV can be. Well worth knowing about before some doc tells you you don't have it when you really do. And treating it can really help symptoms....

Attachments

• EBV diagnosis still challenging.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 5
  • serological EBV diagnosis.pdf
    855.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Realtime EBV PCR l.pdf
    252.6 KB · Views: 7
  • deficient EBV response.PDF
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

Archie

Big thanks Learner1 ! mucho importante!

Now i need to make appointment with the doc, i do want to know my EBV status.

Archie

I asked directly from lab service company how much it cost , a EBV PCR test , it`s about 100 euros :jaw-drop: , so as soon i can , i will go take that test .