• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cranberry juice

brenda

I am having a trial of CJ as I read good reports about it not just for bladder infections and Candida but all infections and viruses. It must be 100% juice. I am having a small glass in the morning and am starting to herx after 4 days. I started to take charcoal for this and will continue on the same dose unless the herxing gets too much. I have not herxed for ages so am seeing it as a good sign. Am also doing oil swish every morning and getting whiter teeth from that! Has anyone else tried cranberry juice?

Mithriel

A study was done in my husband's lab which found that cranberry interferes with E.coli's ability to stick to the bladder wall.

I hope it works for you.

Mithriel

V

Vega

I've read something years ago that cranberry juice is good for getting rid of UTI's. I've never really tried it for that reason but I drink it because it's good for you. It's high in anti-oxidants and it's refreshing and seems to sit better on my stomach than orange juice.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
My Urologist said it works in the test tube, but not in humans. It can't hurt to try though. The real cranberry juice that would work is not fun to drink though.

Misfit Toy

Yes, for those who have IC...forget this treatment. It is pouring kerosene onto a fire. NO GOOD. You can take cranberry pills and even D-mannose, but no cranberry juice.

lululowry

Like spitfire, helsbels and min, I can't drink the juice because of IC. Heck, I can't take the pills either. I do best on a very low acid diet and don't drink any juice of any kind. Good luck to you!

Resting

Like spitfire, helsbels and min, I can't drink the juice because of IC. Heck, I can't take the pills either. I do best on a very low acid diet and don't drink any juice of any kind. Good luck to you!

Agreed that if you have IC don't go near anything acidic, including cranberry juice. As Spitfire suggested, D-mannose is great if you have reoccurring bladder infections. It only works on E.coli though, so it is doubtful to help with other infections.

Glad you are having success with this treatment though, Brenda! Whiter teeth? :D That would be nice. I have never heard of the oil swish.

lululowry

I didn't notice the reference to oil swish when I first read this thread because I was wincing at the thought of cranberry juice but now I'm curious. What's an oil swish?

brenda

I have stopped the cranberry juice - it was knocking out my beneficial bacteria too. Maybe I was taking too much - but I am replacing the bacteria with coconut kefir for now. Thanks for the good wishes though.

Oil swishing (google it) is supposed to remove toxins via the saliva and it certainly reduces inflamatoin in the gums and cleans the teeth.