• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cracking joints

helen41

It sounds strange, but for the last few weeks, my joints crack everytime I move. All joints. I stand up, my knees crack. I roll over in bed, one shoulder cracks, then my back, then the other shoulder. Nothing hurts differently than usual, and my husband says it hasn't woken him up, but it really seems loud to me. So frustrating. As soon as I come to terms with one thing, something else gives out. Has anyone ever heard of this as a CFS problem?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Yes i have this, my doc said that it is oxidization or 'rust' so to speak, antioxidants have helped, inosine was another supp that helped and was told it works by increasing uric acid levels which then combines with cholesterol to form an antioxidant, but be careful if u have gout. One last thing that helped me alot in this department was pregnenolone which helps support adrenal hormones cortisol and dhea for which my levels were low, this was one of the first things i noticed from using preg but have since stopped as it caused me too much agitation and sleep problems, so maybe need to look into adrenal hormones and treat them with something that u can tolerate, u maybe able to tolerate pregnenolone better then me. Antioxidants are a good start though and if u have inflammation going on in your joints you probably have ut going on in other places, brain fog they say could be due to inflammation as well.

cheers!!!

floydguy

Yes, I have it quite badly. So much so that on more than one occasion in a doc's office the cracking sound was mistaken for something a bit more nasty. It's a about the only amusement I've gotten in a doc's office when the brow furrows as the doc believes I've let one rip.

fla

I also have cracking elbows, knees, ankles, fingers and even jaw but never thought of it as an ME symptom. Come to think of it I've been drinking Acai, pomegranate, cranberry juice for antioxidant purposes and cracking is significantly less recently.