• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CP-COV03 a broad based antiviral for Covid and many more (soon to receive emergency use authorization?)

Hip

in my experience PEM and post-viral fatigue are very different

I don't these can really be equivalent, as PVF is an illness or medical condition, as is ME/CFS, whereas PEM is a symptom of both these conditions.

PVF as a medical term is ambiguous, as it is sometimes used as a synonym for ME/CFS, and other times it is used to refer to the post-viral infection fatiguing condition that people may experience after infections such as mono. I am using the term PVF in the latter meaning.

Here is some info on PVF: https://www.healthline.com/health/post-viral-fatigue

Osaca

Yes, this conversation of ours alone shows how hard discussing things, for which clear definitions often don't exist, can be. The way I see it is that it is completely normal to be very fatigued after a severe illness or even something else like chemotherapy after cancer. There's a significant different between this fatigue and PEM. For one of them GET and CBT are very successful and for the other they are harmful.

Forummember9922

Hyundai Bioscience's broad-spectrum antiviral Xafty (CP-COV03) and its phase 2 clinical study results will be presented at the "Emerging Science" session of the 2023 Microbial Annual Conference of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM), the world's largest infections and microbiology conference, in Houston, Texas, from June 15 to 19 (local time), the company said Thursday

Osaca

Hyundai Bioscience's broad-spectrum antiviral Xafty (CP-COV03) and its phase 2 clinical study results will be presented at the "Emerging Science" session of the 2023 Microbial Annual Conference of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM), the world's largest infections and microbiology conference, in Houston, Texas, from June 15 to 19 (local time), the company said Thursday
Yes, unfortunately the talk isn't public. There's extra information in the original post:
Professor Woo Heungjeong of Hallym University, who served as vice president of the Korean Society of Infectious Diseases, will be presenting the results of the COVID-19 phase 2 clinical trial at the upcoming conference of the American society of Microbiology in Texas (https://asm.org/Events/ASM-Microbe/). The presentation is titled “Clinical And Virological Efficacy Of A Potential Pan-antiviral Agent, Cp-cov03 In Covid-19 Infection” and the abstract of the presentation can be found here: https://www.abstractsonline.com/pp8/#!/10789/presentation/6711.

Osaca

Given how many months have passed since the Phase 2 trial result announcement I believe it's fair to assume that CP-COV03 didn't receive an emergency use authorization based on these results. A phase 3 trial looks like the more realistic scenario. Some more results of CP-COV03 will be presented in October at the
IDSA 2023, the annual conference of the Society of Infectious Diseases of America https://idweek.org/program/. It's still too early to know more about the talk. A quick glimpse just shows that there'll be some talks on Long-Covid for instance one by Igho Ofotokun from one of the RECOVER projects.

Osaca

Hyundai Biosciences have recently published a paper on their drug CP-COV03 (Xafty). The paper is titled "The Next Generation COVID-19 Antiviral; Niclosamide-Based Inorganic Nanohybrid System Kills SARS-CoV-2". I haven't read it yet (it isn't open access), but it could be of interest if it answers some questions on the pharmacokinetics of CP-COV03, which we currently don't expect to be of much relevance as a possible drug for the future due to Niclosamide being mainly plasma bound and as such highly inactive. @Hip