• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid infection

IThinkImTurningJapanese

my friend got COVID early on, abroad in Jan 2020.

She still has "long covid"..........

I also caught Covid in the spring of 2020, and experienced long covid symptoms. Every time they subsided, I caught a new variant. Everyone in my family has recovered very well and quickly from Covid, but it for some strange reason, just keeps lingering on with mild symptoms.

My wife has a co-worker that is experiencing Long-haul from the vaccine. Thankfully, it should subside. Dr. Bruce Patterson has addressed this issue quite extensively. IIRC, it has to do with the body clearing the spike protein.

Last edited:

IThinkImTurningJapanese

For the purposes of that poll, a "permanent worsening of ME/CFS" is defined as worsening that has lasted at least 6 months after you had COVID.

Permanently is defined as "always and for ever"

One of the first things necessary for honest debate is that we agree upon what words mean. Otherwise, how can we know what someone else is actually saying?

Edit: And when you posit that there can be a, "permanent worsening of ME/CFS", you're not only wrong, you're stealing hope from others that they so desperately need. We will solve this illness.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

ViraCon looks interesting. I've taken most of that stuff separately, but it seems like an interesting and very convenient combination. The Chinese Skullcap and Isatis combined with elderberry, etc.
I found it remarkable. It didnt cure me, but it reduced the impact of the COVID symptomology remarkably, and I was so glad to have it. It was the combo of stuff tht caught my atten, because, apparently like you, I prefer to take things one at a time so I can figure out which is doing what. But the fact that all of these were together in a well-thought-out, nicely done package was a real selling point for me ....

This second bout of COVID has been sooooooooo much easier than the first !!!

YippeeKi YOW !!

Everyone in my family has recovered very well and quickly from Covid, but it for some strange reason, just keeps lingering on with mild symptoms.
Ditto. The first one (also caught in the Spring of 2020) lingered like a bad houseguest. I'm hoping that this second one will move on out more expeditiously .... hope yours does, too. You might want to check out the ViraCon, it really has been amazing in terms of hugely reducing the attrition of COVID ...

IThinkImTurningJapanese

You might want to check out the ViraCon, it really has been amazing in terms of hugely reducing the attrition of COVID ...

Scutellaria Baicalensis, Berberine, and Licorice extract are my regular meds. Dumb luck.

A funny story, during my forest bathing I noticed a crop of mushrooms, but I don't know if they're safe. The next day someone had harvested them. Apparently someone knew they were safe, then I found another similar batch. I pulled three to examine.

I searched online and found a site that showed pictures of Japanese mushrooms, but I hate picture ID because I know how easy it is to misidentify. I used my Google-fu and discovered that I had harvested Funeral Bells.

It's best to not even touch them, the toxin results in a need for a liver transplant usually. But I discovered that I am protected due to taking Milk Thistle daily. Dumb luck.

Hufsamor

My friend's brother just spent 8 days in the hospital nearly dead with his stomach/ COVID-19

I haven't heard of alot of stomach related problems with COVID but it was this guy's third round. I wonder if he now has dysautonomia or something going after digestion....
:eek:
ive had stomach problems this time, could hardly sleep tonight.
And my stomach was fine the two other rounds of covid

Hufsamor

Scutellaria Baicalensis, Berberine, and Licorice extract are my regular meds. Dumb luck.

A funny story, during my forest bathing I noticed a crop of mushrooms, but I don't know if they're safe. The next day someone had harvested them. Apparently someone knew they were safe, then I found another similar batch. I pulled three to examine.

I searched online and found a site that showed pictures of Japanese mushrooms, but I hate picture ID because I know how easy it is to misidentify. I used my Google-fu and discovered that I had harvested Funeral Bells.

It's best to not even touch them, the toxin results in a need for a liver transplant usually. But I discovered that I am protected due to taking Milk Thistle daily. Dumb luck.
:wide-eyed:

Hip

Permanently is defined as "always and for ever"

Words often have a range of meanings, not just the first meaning given in a dictionary.

Permanent also means long lasting. One's "permanent address" does not mean a residence where one lives forever, but just a long time. Likewise with a "permanent job", a job which lasts longer than just a temporary job. But not forever. Or a "permanent curl", a hairstyle that lasts several months.

Here are some definitions of the word permanent from multiple dictionaries that you might like to look at.

Given the ambiguity and imprecision of words, that's why it is a good idea to precisely define terms in any poll.

Last edited:

Husband of

For the purposes of that poll, a "permanent worsening of ME/CFS" is defined as worsening that has lasted at least 6 months after you had COVID.

Obviously if the worsening ME/CFS patients experience by catching COVID is just post-viral fatigue, it could clear up at the 12 month stage, because PVF can take that long to clear. And post-viral fatigue in some cases can even last 2 years. But usually PVF clears up around the 6 month mark.
Actually the one third of people according to the pole could only have included people who had had COVID at least 6 months ago, so is really an understatement.

My friend's brother just spent 8 days in the hospital nearly dead with his stomach/ COVID-19

I haven't heard of alot of stomach related problems with COVID but it was this guy's third round. I wonder if he now has dysautonomia or something going after digestion....
I've had quite bad nausea since just over a month ago; usually it has come on with activity along with all the other symptoms, but sometimes it's there on its own. Also have loose stools. I have read, too, that a lot of people with long COVID had GI issues early on. My wife possibly has long COVID (ie t is possible that her MECFS was caused by COVID) and she had some GI issues during the (suspected) infection that started her MECFS.