• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid, EBV or LDN? Looking for advice

elvira

Hello!

Sorry for another covid thread but I need some input. I’m on day 24 with covid. I was getting better with only a low temperature (under 38 C) but things have changed since yesterday.

Now I’m constantly at 38,5 C, my throat hurts again and my glands are more swollen. This happend the same day as I raised my LDN dosage (from 0,375 to 0,75 mg).

What do you think happend? Is it the covid restarting? Is it LDN activating my immune system (i don’t know if it was a mistake to start with covid)? Or could it be an EBV reactivation?

I’ll contact my doctor on monday if it stays like this, but would like some thoughts from you since she is clueless...

Thank you again dear PR♥️

Tammy

Just my personal opinion. I don't think Covid restarts but I do think it can trigger EBV to wreak havoc. I think anything that has the potential to bring down the immune system whether it is another pathogen , environmental trigger or emotion trigger can cause EBV to rear its ugly head.

elvira

Just my personal opinion. I don't think Covid restarts but I do think it can trigger EBV to wreak havoc. I think anything that has the potential to bring down the immune system whether it is another pathogen , environmental trigger or emotion trigger can cause EBV to rear its ugly head.

Would antivirals help then...? I want to ask my doctor to check my titers.

Tammy

Would antivirals help then...? I want to ask my doctor to check my titers.
Elvira..................like with all treatments, anti-virals help some people and not others. You might want to check the anti-viral threads to get an idea of others experiences.