• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could extensive Glyphosate use in Western countries be related to poor COVID outcomes?

SWAlexander

Covid, Autism, Glyphosat, Long Covid, Vit C, Vit D, non-hodgkin's lymphoma and irritable bowel symptoms.

Could extensive Glyphosate use in Western countries be related to poor COVID outcomes?
Stephanie Seneff PhD is a retired, accomplished MIT computer scientist involved in the early creation of interactive digital speech which is now the basis of Amazon Echo and Apple Siri. Now focused on research into the inadvertent biological effects of a widely used herbicide called Glyphosate. Better known to most people as Round-up. The biochemical impact on humans of this herbicide could be vastly underestimated leading to increased rates of autism and incorporation into specific proteins. Could Glyphosate be part of the reason for increased severity of COVID-19 and long Covid in some countries? 0:00 Intro 2:35 Who is Stephanie Seneff 7:00 Why did she get interested in Autism 9:40 Link to Glyphosate and COVID-19 12:26 Vitamin D deficiency in COVID-19 14:20 How does Glyphosate interact with proteins? 18:20 What is the industry perspective on this challenge 20:53 Gluten and Casein (lactose) intolerance linked to Glyphosate 27:45 Could glyphosate be linked to long Covid? 32:00 Inflammatory bowel and long Covid 36:06 Why have regulators not raised any flags? 40:35 Glyphosate causes cancer - Did you know? 46:03 What can be done to reduce Glyphosate?

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

recently ordered some organic cotton t shirts...leading me to discovering this horror:

COTTON (my preferred fabric is toxic and poisoned)

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 84 million pounds of pesticides were applied to the nation's 14.4 million acres of cotton in the year 2000, and more than two billion pounds of fertilizers were spread on those same fields

they Defoliate the cotton, to facilitate harvest and that includes numerous chemicals and often more glyphosate.

Thidiazuron, Ginstar, Finish, and ethephon are hormonal defoliants that result in increased ethylene synthesis by the plant.

They also use glyphosate......and other chemicals.

Hip

Stephanie Seneff is somewhat obsessed with the herbicide glyphosate (Roundup); she has a history of trying to link it to human diseases such as autism, and has been criticized for flaws in her work.

It's hard to assess the effects of glyphosate on health, since research on the possible link of glyphosate to disease has become rather politically charged, according to this article:
for every research paper that purports to show a link between glyphosate-based herbicides and cancer, there is another which finds the exact opposite. This hasn’t been helped by the fact that many of the studies may not have been entirely objective.

“A lot of the studies backing glyphosate have been funded by entities in a position to profit from the continuing sales,” Davoren says. “And many of those which point towards significant risks are funded by groups who are either engaged in lawsuits against the makers of glyphosate, or are in the position to benefit from sales of glyphosate alternatives. So it gets very, very tricky.”

hapl808

It's hard to assess the effects of glyphosate on health, since research on the possible link of glyphosate to disease has become rather politically charged, according to this article:

This is my issue with almost any politically charged topic. You start to get 'researchers' whose career depends on them finding the outcome they're looking for. That may be how politics are made, but not how science is. Often you end up with a big corporation on one side that can bury any study that doesn't come out like they hope, and activists on the other whose entire reputation is built on a single issue.

lenora

@Hip & Hap1808......In other words, the same old story, isn't it? One group can pay for the positive and the other for the negative. Universities can often supply you with true life experiences (patients) and that's how I found out about malathion poisoning and the human body.

@Rufous.....Yes, many pesticides can be used on crops not just ones we eat. Dyes are also extremely dangerous on fabrics such as cottons. That's why today we see more muted colors that are almost drab. Also, I'm a cotton lover myself, but it takes enormous amounts of water to ensure crop survival.

I don't believe polyester is a safe product, (besides, who wants to feel that wallpaper is pasted to them?), rayon is both fairly cool and washable, linen...so, so. In the end, what's left?

Organic clothing is very expensive.....and won't be coming down anytime soon. Yours, Lenora.

Rufous McKinney

Stephanie Seneff is somewhat obsessed with the herbicide glyphosate (Roundup); she has a history of trying to link it to human diseases such as autism, and has been criticized for flaws in her work.

somebody did win a major judgement against Monsanto over glyphosate and non Hodgkins.

A friend who did at least 20 years working near the San Juaquin farm fields and lots of cotton, for instance,....did in fact get Non Hodgkins and is going through treatment. I hear nothing.

I consider it probably the biggest RISK factor I have. Non Hodgkins.