• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Corona Vaccine (Moderna, 1. Shot)

Mrparadise

Dear PR-members

I had the first shot of the corona vaccine (moderna) on Wednesday and I feel pretty tired right now. My Oura ring showed that my heart rate was a lot higher last night and I generally feel pretty weak and strange today (shortness of breath from walking etc). Do I have to worry that my body cant deal with the vaccine and I will get permanently worse or does it just need some more time? Please tell me your experiences about it. I also have POTS and slight histamine intolerance (not sure about MCAS) and I did not take anything that day instead of NAC. Also I did not have the corona virus as far as I know.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TiredBill

My experience with Moderna was having a surprising fast arm tenderness after the first shot (but no other side effects).

After the second shot I had a rough night's sleep and woke up with a nasty headache, which dissipated after having coffee, hydration, and an ibuprofen. I was tired that day, which is not an unfamiliar condition.

I've experienced no other changes in my health in the 5.5 weeks since my second round of Moderna. I do feel massively relieved to be largely immunized from Covid, which I saw as a very serious threat to my existence.

Best wishes moving forward.

Bill

I had Pfizer on yesterday. My heart rate was also very high, made me exhausted and I'm weak today. I often have heart episodes that make me tired but this was far more intense (but weirdly today my HRV is actually normal for the first time in ages...) I'm not worried at all though, rapid heart rate is one of the expected side effects.

On my third day now and feeling the same as you! Feel worse than the first day. I have to admit, the anxiety has now creeped in for me too, wasn't expecting this or to be anxious, but it doesn't feel like the normal crash. I'm having lots of phantom smells and air hunger, I get both of these sometimes but very strong today. But I'm wondering if this anxiety making me doom think a bit? Going to give it a few more days...how are you feeling?