• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cornell University/Ithaca College looking for study participants

Mary

Moderator Resource
Have you been diagnosed with MECFS?

If so, and you’re interested in participating in the study, contact the study office:

Ithaca College
ME/CFS Study Office
336 Smiddy Hall
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY  14850

mecfsstudy@ithaca.edu
(607) 274-7948
https://www.ithaca.edu/news/tireless-work-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

Now she [Ithaca College Professor Betsy Keller] is among the leaders of a new ME/CFS collaborative research center based at Cornell University and encompassing seven other institutions, including IC, funded with a five-year,$9.4 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The center at Cornell is one of three that the NIH established last fall;the other two are based at Columbia University and the Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut. A Data Management and Coordinating Center at Research Triangle Institute (Research Triangle Park in North Carolina), has also been awarded an NIH grant to manage the findings of the three centers.

Together the centersare undertaking a multifaceted five-year study that is arguably the most comprehensive research effort to date—some would say the first comprehensive research effort to date—to find the cause of the disease.Keller leads the “clinical core”of the Cornell center’s initiative, leading a team that will collect VO2 max test and other data at the three sites—including IC—to feedthree investigations, twoat Cornell and one at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.

*GG*

Thanks for the info, so I sent out an email the day after this posting. Have not heard back, even though I did follow up 1 week later. Don't want to flood them with emails. Anybody know the deal is?

GG