• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Copper hair color

Rufous McKinney

what can be the cause

Googling produced this answer for hair turning red (I don't think its copper).

The amount of pheomelanin pigment determine how red our hair is. ... They just aren't using the pigment genes. The genes for making melanin might turn on or off over the course a person's lifetime. If this happens in the cells at the bottom of your hairs, your hair might change color!May 22, 2018

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm 68 and have almost no grey hair, only a tiny bit at my temples, and it doesn't seem to increase in amount).

I'm guessing that your gut is making some of the B vitamins. I found years ago that if I took B1 and B2 once in a while the salt and pepper in my hair diminishes.

I can't take it all the time though because B1 (thiamin) is a sulfur/thiol and I get headaches if I consume too many of those.

I noticed auburn hair that I didn't have before

Unfortunately, the discovery I mentioned in my comment above doesn't seem to help with this. I, too, am noticing more auburn/orange color in my hair. Normally it's all dark brunette.

The sun can bring out orange in hair but I hardly ever am in the sun as leaving my house just to go outside is very difficult for me with the ME. :(

Rufous McKinney

The sun can bring out orange in hair but I hardly ever am in the sun as leaving my house just to go outside is very difficult for me with the ME. :(

my hair is disconcertingly dark these days, from not being outside in sunlight tht tends to lighten it alot.

I can't take it all the time though because B1 (thiamin) is a sulfur/thiol and I get headaches

I promised a friend I"d launch the All THIAMINE cure. Its here, now, still on the shelf, unopened. I think its gonna cause a detox effect, I bought charcoal, too!