• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COPC

Likaloha

I guess I am behind the research/info on pain conditions! I just read lots on COPC (chronic overlapping pain conditions) and was was interested to find that I have/had most of those listed. COPC's include TMJ, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, chronic headache, migraines, endometriosis, chronic lower back pain, IBS, painful bladder, and vulvodynia. I have had or now have all but 2 of these!.
Quoted from a reliable source was the statement " effective pain management is a moral imperative.....and a duty of the people in the healing prefessions"
I got some of this information from a paper by the Institute of Medicine.

Pyrrhus

Just a friendly tip: If you make the title of your thread more specific, you may get more replies.

I don't think many people have heard of "COPC" and many people ignore what they've never heard of.

Maybe a thread title of "Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions" would get more responses?

Hope this helps.

Likaloha

Just a friendly tip: If you make the title of your thread more specific, you may get more replies.

I don't think many people have heard of "COPC" and many people ignore what they've never heard of.

Maybe a thread title of "Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions" would get more responses?

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice!! I usually just add to things others have posted, but now I know better!