• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Continuing improvement

I am pleased to say that my recovery is continuing and I now have no major symptoms of ME/CFS. Leg muscle pain is still evident, but it isn't too significant.

Lately I have noticed that I require increased amounts of essential fatty acids such as fish, flax and evening primrose oils.

At times, I continue to have extremely dry skin and have found that essential fatty acid supplements help to remedy the situation. In fact, I feel better after taking the supplements, and think that essential fatty acids may have an influence on ME/CFS. See: https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Omega_3_fatty_acid_hypothesis

I am pleased to say that my recovery is continuing and I now have no major symptoms of ME/CFS. Leg muscle pain is still evident, but it isn't too significant.

Lately I have noticed that I require increased amounts of essential fatty acids such as fish, flax and evening primrose oils.

At times, I continue to have extremely dry skin and have found that essential fatty acid supplements help to remedy the situation. In fact, I feel better after taking the supplements, and think that essential fatty acids may have an influence on ME/CFS. See: https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Omega_3_fatty_acid_hypothesis
Congratulations! on your improvements. I have been taking high quality EFA's for over 10 years, but have not noticed the type of positive reaction you indicate. May ask how long you have had ME/CFS? I wonder if it is because I did not begin treatment protocols soon enough, and now I am going on 20 yrs with CFS.

Congratulations! on your improvements. I have been taking high quality EFA's for over 10 years, but have not noticed the type of positive reaction you indicate. May ask how long you have had ME/CFS?

Thanks for your kind words. I have had ME/CFS for over 25 years. It seems that some people have an abnormal requirement for EFAs. I speculate that it is just a subgroup of ME/CFS sufferers.

Timaca

@Hopefulone ~
What other things have you done besides taking EFA supplements to help you recover? That is awesome that you are doing so well!

Best,

... what makes you think it was the statin that lead to the improvement vs the stroke itself?

As with many things regarding ME/CFS, it is very difficult to say with absolute certainty. However, the article mentioned in the following post makes a case for the statin being responsible for the improvement. https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/exciting-new-discovery-in-treating-cfs-fibromyalgia.77836/

I don't know how a stroke could trigger an improvement in ME/CFS. Wouldn't it make things worse, rather than better?