• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Confused about teeth...

splusholia

Hi,

Wasn’t sure what section to write this in.
I’m having problems with my teeth. At first I was told I would have to have my wisdom tooth out. Then I went to the dentist and he did an x-ray and said there was a hole in the molar next to it so he filled that in. But there’s no change in the pain surrounding this molar. My gum and jaw around it feel inflamed.

I’m confused about what to do next. I’ve heard that root canals aren’t good news. Would it help if I just had the molar pulled out? Or would that be risky and potentially spread infection? Eventually I would like to be scanned for jaw bone infection but I don’t have the money at the moment. I’m really not sure how to proceed; any ideas welcome🙏...

I don’t think it can be gingivitis, which is what I thought it was at first. This is because the rest of my gums are healthy and it is only the gums around this tooth which feel tender and inflamed.

(FYI, I have severe M.E.)

vision blue

Have you tired rinsing with hydrogen peroxide? some say just 1 teaspoon in 8 ounces of warm water. I've used as much as half hydrogen peroxide to half water...(3 percent hydrogen peroxide).

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Antlers, I had a similar problem where past root canals were reinfecting. I tried saving the tooth with apicalectomy but it didn't respond and they had to pull it. I lost six premolar teeth from this.

At the same time I was showing a symptom of low immunity-cellulitis from minor cuts and couldn't mount a vigorous response to viral infections so I used GcMAF. This did boost my immunity but had the side effect of causing systemic lupus erythematosis. If you have similar symptoms of low immunity then I would say talk to the dentist about pulling it rather than wasting money on a tooth that could fail the root canal and end up being pulled anyway. If you do root canal it then observe if the procedure is successful. If not then I wouldn't waste money trying to save any more teeth with this problem. However, you should look at sublingual GcMAF plus however I would be monitored by a rheumatologist to make sure you don't treat too long and cause SLE. Following this route along with daily curcumin stopped the infections.

splusholia

Antlers, I had a similar problem where past root canals were reinfecting. I tried saving the tooth with apicalectomy but it didn't respond and they had to pull it. I lost six premolar teeth from this.

At the same time I was showing a symptom of low immunity-cellulitis from minor cuts and couldn't mount a vigorous response to viral infections so I used GcMAF.

Thanks for this - very helpful. My immunity is very weak (constant infections). I’m not going to bother with a root canal; if the pain doesn’t settle, I’ll ask him to remove the tooth.

splusholia

Have you tired rinsing with hydrogen peroxide? some say just 1 teaspoon in 8 ounces of warm water. I've used as much as half hydrogen peroxide to half water...(3 percent hydrogen peroxide).

Will give it a try... think I have some somewhere thanks :thumbsup:

splusholia

have you had a jaw infection investigated?

No - but this would be my next step if removing the tooth doesn’t help. My understanding is that a regular dentist often can’t check for this. But I know a place in the UK that I can go to be scanned. The problem is this would have to be a last resort as I am not really well enough to travel. So I would like to exhaust all other options first.