• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete remission of symptoms when I have hay fever - anyone else had this?

redo

When the pollen is high here in New Zealand in the spring, and my hay fever kicks in, I remain well the entire time till it passes. In fact, during this hay fever period, I can even do quite strenuous exercise (1 hour walks daily). In fact, if not for the hay fever itself (runny nose, drowsiness etc.), I’d even say my health is 100% back to normal. As soon as the hay fever passes, things go back to crap again. If I could only bottle whatever pollen is causing the hay fever, I’d have my own personal cure!

Fascinating!

A few years back I had an allergic reaction to something I drank or ate, and for some strange reason I felt better while the allergic reaction lasted. I've felt slightly better while having common illnesses also, such as things like the flu.

I know it's an old thread, but have you tried the hay fever medication Allegra? I am about to get on that for a few months. It takes a while to get the full effect, it's said.

pamojja

If I could only bottle whatever pollen is causing the hay fever, I’d have my own personal cure!

Rhinitis makes all my symptoms only worse. Once I tried supplemental pollen orally and all hay-fever symptoms started on the spot.

Seadragon

Not quite the same but a mild (not bad) cold virus can reduce my symptoms by up to 50-60%.

I wonder if when the immune system is busy with something else, something "normal", it functions more correctly, thereby reducing ME symptoms to a certain extent.