• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colloidal silver

I'm wondering if anyone on here has tried prolonged doses of more than 4 oz a day of cs to try and treat m.e?

Many with lyme, and I know a few others with digestive autoimmune diseases have went into remission by drinking up to 16 oz of day for several months. Interesting.

Tammy

I have used Sovereign Silver (Silver Hydrosol) off and on as part of my anti-viral, ant-bacterial protocol. I never tried 16 oz of it a day .........because I am also taking other anti-viral/bacterial herbs.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
16 oz of day for several months.

Yikes!! I'm not sure but I thought I heard of a condition where if you overdo the cs you can turn permanently blue skinned.

I always take in small amounts and only when I'm experiencing the flu or similar and then in rotation with other things like olive leaf and oregano oil.

sb4

It was a few years ago I did colloidal sliver but @Judee I remember that you are very unlikely to turn blue if you do things right, even at high doses.

I took it for a while and had a small but significant improvement in palpitations after eating. It's relatively easy to make your own too. I stopped when I moved house and lost one of my silver rods. Never got around to doing it again.

If you are going to try those amounts, it would be cheaper to DIY. All you need is distilled water, silver rods, 9V battery x3, crocodile clips x2, and some cardboard or something to balance the rods on.

Carl

I'm wondering if anyone on here has tried prolonged doses of more than 4 oz a day of cs to try and treat m.e?

Many with lyme, and I know a few others with digestive autoimmune diseases have went into remission by drinking up to 16 oz of day for several months. Interesting.
What are you attempting to accomplish with this?

It was a few years ago I did colloidal sliver but @Judee I remember that you are very unlikely to turn blue if you do things right, even at high doses.

I took it for a while and had a small but significant improvement in palpitations after eating. It's relatively easy to make your own too. I stopped when I moved house and lost one of my silver rods. Never got around to doing it again.

If you are going to try those amounts, it would be cheaper to DIY. All you need is distilled water, silver rods, 9V battery x3, crocodile clips x2, and some cardboard or something to balance the rods on.
If you DIY then you MUST control the current or the particle sizes dramatically increase which can cause problems and larger particles are considerably less effective.

Some info on Argyria, Reduced Ionic silver ie true colloidal silver does not produce Argyria. Silver as produced by DIY methods is risky, especially when made incorrectly. Be aware that Ionic silver can be reduced, ie converted to uncharged particles which do not enter cells, they should be effective in the digestive system and the blood stream. There is a guide on reducing Ionic Silver Ionic in the cgcsforum linked below.

I have had some success using Reduced Colloidal silver but Ionic silver did nothing. I was trying to destroy biofilms in my digestive system where they should not be. Reduced CS did destroy about 2/3 of the largest biofilm but failed to work against any others, there are 5 in total and one of which causes CFS. That infection is linked to the right transverse colon where IBS can occur. I do sometimes get IBS but am mostly unaffected. It can also destroy parts of the pituitary gland and hypothalamus as it has in me.
https://www.cgcsforum.com/index.php?topic=1756.0
http://silver-lightning.com/theory.html#Argyria

I purchased some atomic silver which is claimed not to cause Argyria and is claimed to be more effective than larger sized silver. I hoped that it might destroy the remaining section of the biofilm.....It failed over £80 with zero effect.

It turns out that bacteria and other micro-organisms can become resistant to silver. A biofilm will increase this effect as it increases resistant to antimicrobials. A biofilm retains failed DNA which bacteria can use to adapt their DNA to become resistant to the antimicrobial.

Pyocyanin Production by Pseudomonas aeruginosa Confers Resistance to Ionic Silver

Rapid evolution of silver nanoparticle resistance in Escherichia coli

There are some home made Colloidal Silver Generators, I have 2 sets of plans for these somewhere but one although nice in some ways, uses too high a current level and therefore I will not use it. The other is more promising and can regulate much smaller currents. However it does not have any form of electrode switching which can help decrease plating of the electrodes and dispersal of that plating into the liquid if it falls off which it can do if the electrodes are moved or knocked. I do have some ideas on adding a basic electrode switching circuit to it. ATM it is not a priority though because I have other more important things to sort out.

BTW the bacteria which cause CFS etc are extremely resistant. Some people get lucky and destroy them easily for example using CBD oil because they are less resistant micro-organisms such as gram positive bacteria but others are far more resistant, practically invulnerable to any antibiotic. I have managed to eliminate the biofilm on a few occasions by using enzymes with Quorum Sensing Inhibitors, which does prevent them from adapting but so far I have not got around to working out the needed Efflux Pump Inhibitors to aid their destruction. There are 6 Super families of EPI's with many different efflux pumps in each family. There are many natural EPI's.

CS will not be effective without using other techniques to destroy the infection because their biofilm allows them to adapt to it ie become immune.

I have improved with my overall protocol which as I mentioned before includes more than silver...........so I can't really answer your question accurately.
Thanks Tam would you mind sharing the other herbs you are using and how much it all has helped you

Tammy

I follow a protocol following the recommendations by Anthony William. It is pretty involved with diet, methylation, immune building supplements and anti-virals/bacterials. (ie. Cats Claw, Licorice root, L-lysine, lemon balm, monolaurin, olive leaf, silver). I don't take all of these at once. Also heavy metal protocol. Just one example of improvement. I have gone from needing to use an electric cart to go shopping.......... to walking stick......... and now don't need a walking stick when I go out. My orthostatic intolerance is almost gone. I have had a ton of other symptom improvements and sorry but way too lengthy for me to go into each one on how I've improved. If you would like more information on Anthony William Medical Medium you can PM me.

By the way............I think it's great that you are helping your friend. People with CFS need good friends like you.

Last edited: