• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colloidal Silver Horror Stories?

David Jackson

Just wondering if anyone has a bad experience to share? Or is it all positive?

I'd been improving nicely since October last year, until the beginning of August. Only major new thing I introduced was drinking a good deal of colloidal silver around the same time that everything started going South.

Now I'm getting attacked left, right and center again by viruses...

Misfit Toy

YES....so my friend made me colloidal silver. She is a naturopath and made it up for me. She was fine on it, I literally turned green on it. I was so sick from it. Diarrhea, nausea, I looked like death. I said I would never do it again and I have stuck to that.

I ended up doing cats claw for viruses.

Some do okay and like colloidal silver and some people feel that it's toxic. But, if it was really that great, many people would be talking about it and I can say you really don't hear much about it anymore. It was the buzz years ago, but not so much anymore.

Carl

In fact all the research that I have seen recently in the last few years on nanoparticulate silver says it is a worthwhile alternative for treating resistant bacteria. This is different to ionic silver which is what colloidal silver tends to be. It is the reduced form of ionic silver, where the charge is eliminated, which is much safer and does not cause the blue skin condition called argyria which the blue man Paul Karason experienced.

I came across Green Tea EGCG reduced Silver which I am considering making. I do make reduced Silver already so it would mean only swapping the reducing agent. I do already have some high, 50% polyphenol Green Tea. Green Tea does have some effect against bacteria itself so combining the two should enhance it's effect.

I have had very positive effects from reduced silver, it destroyed a large part of an infection that I have been trying to destroy. This reduced my digestive permeability. Ionic silver did nothing, it has + charged ions which are attracted to a biofilm and has no or little effect against the bacteria inside. Reduced silver has no charge and therefore does not fall foul to this effect. Do not believe the garbage about L-glutamine fixing Increased Digestive Permeability because it cannot. These people promoting this know nothing about the cause of IDP aka incorrectly as leaky gut.

However the infection which causes my CFS has not been affected by any silver that I have tried so far. No essential oil or no herb has destroyed it so far. Not even with the biofilm removed. BTW a biofilm promotes adaption and makes it far easier for bacteria to resist antimicrobials.

BTW Silver is also antiviral but the particle size ie the smaller the better is crucial. Ionic silver tends to be smaller and reduction tends to increase it's size.

I did purchase some atomic silver which is being touted by one company as the best but it made no difference over what I had already experienced with reduced silver despite the particle size being much smaller ie single silver atoms are claimed.

Also the effects you experienced could be due to lipopolysaccharides being released by destroyed bacteria.

Last edited:

JaimeS

I believe we had a convo about colloidal silver on here. You can try searching. Poisoning of any kind would be hard to achieve with colloidal silver, but you might get some die-off symptoms.

David Jackson

Yeah, it might have just been a coincidence that I took a hit at the same time that I started taking the silver.

It's always hard to say... will give the silver a miss until I'm doing better.

Thanks for the replies.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Now I'm getting attacked left, right and center again by viruses...

Maybe your body is finally fighting the viruses properly (enough to show obvious symptoms).

Here is an interesting comment about colloidal silver from @otherworldly here on PR:
Quick, cheap & no MD needed solution from a former bacteriologist (me) who doesn't use pharmaceuticals. When i was still working, i tested various natural antibiotics on my own time in the lab: colloidal silver kills just about anything u throw @ it (even MRSA).

I have been treating my own infections over 20 yrs w/cfs w/100% success rate 4 all known (as in, ones i can feel, no labwork needed) infections. if u can get a nebulizer & add the silver 2 it even better, but if not just the colloidal silver should work just fine. Its very safe. I use it all the time, about 1/2 doz x per yr. kills my sinus infections & any GI infections including food poisoning. Its like magic. I’ve never used anything better. Research it if u like. U may herx a bit, but others wise no GI upset & other side affects that come w/drugs.

Last edited: