• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colchicine as a potential anti-inflammatory and COVID-19 treatment

CSMLSM

I can't remember the dosage, see if I can find out.

When this happened to me this drug was used for GOUT. It was never to be used long term. It does lower one's white blood cells, and over time that increases. My cousin told me he was amazed that the head of Oncology had to call the CDC to see if any meds I was taking would cause this. He could not wrap his head around the fact that I was on colchicine and blood pressure med, and the Oncologist didn't have a clue.

He said "we learned this in the first year of med school" But all my cousins are well known researchers in cancer, brain pathology, etc - so what they tell me - when I ask them if this or that dr is giving me correct meds - it is horrifying to find out so few drs know what long term use of any meds does to any of their patients.

Even my internist gave me another med thinking it would help me - I ended up loosing 1/2 my hair, and only found out this was from drug he gave me - when his secretary told me it did the same to her.
You have to do your own research, ask an older dr who you really trust, or do a second opinion at a teaching hospital to get the correct answer.
So true. The things doctor have said to me when I was testing them is shocking and more so extremely concerning!
Yes check everything trust no one in the medical system!

CSMLSM

The problem with antiinflammatories and immunosuppressants is that they might do severely nasty things to part of one of your immune systems, they might not affect whatever is abnormal in ME. I tried some cyclosporin, which is a strong immunosuppressant, to see if it affected my ME symptoms. Not even slightly, which makes sense now that I know that the problem seems to involve my glial cells rather than my immune system elsewhere in my body.
Yes we need immune regulation not immune suppression. CB2 agonists are the key, take a look at the broad regulation they afford across the many immune cell types towards down regulating activation and causing supression of pro inflammatory cytokines.