• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cognitive symptoms worrying me.

Daffodil

@Lyme_Paramedic there are docs in fla i think, but i cannot recommend anyone but dr. demeirleir. he is the one i know and trust. he works out of reno and belgium ..and slovenia

you can also check out the many Lyme forums on the internet. some are very good, with loads of info and expert patients

Valentijn

She also said one of my vitamin d genes is double mutated.
The VDR (Vitamin D Receptor) SNPs which are usually tested have very little impact. Yasko also reports two linked ones in a contradictory manner. The vast majority of people inhert VDR taq and VDR bsm together. But Yasko reports one backwards, so nearly everyone is guaranteed to be +/+ for one, or +/- for both.

I also have abnormal HLA mutation for Lyme/'mold
There is no published research showing a sensitivity to mold connected to specific HLA types. These claims can be traced back to Ritchie Shoemaker, based on his inability to understand that HLA types are closely tied to ethnicity. He compared his local North American patients to world-wide HLA types, which is grossly inappropriate.

In actuality, the difference in HLA types between his patients and world-wide HLA types is simply due to his patients being caucasian, or partly caucasian. The result of his poor methodology is that 90% of all North Americans are supposedly especially susceptible to mold or other infections, which is obviously complete BS.

Bedshaped

Living life on difficult mode: "Godlike"
@Lyme_Paramedic Hello, I have been on a 100% gluten free diet for about two years. Like it has been said in this thread, I too, had a little "mare" the first two/three weeks. I think it has something to do with the gliadine leaving your body?

Anyway, for me the cognitive symptoms did get significantly better. As long as I stay true to gluten free food it really helps, but it will not cure your ME/CFS.

If you eat gluten whilst staying gluten free, that will leave you feeling quite unwell and symptoms come back, atleast for me. What helps for this is to drink a lot of water.

Hang in there - you are almost there :)