• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coconut Water Itchy Scalp

xploit316

Whenever I drink Coconut water I get this bad itchy scalp. Does anyone know or experienced this similar reaction to coconut water?

ChrisD

Yes! Since the start of my illness I've had an itchy scalp verging on Psoriasis. Most vegetable fibres tend to flare it up for me and interestingly I've noticed coconut in all forms does as well. I believe it to be to do with the lauric acid/monolaurate but I'm not sure.

xploit316

Yes! Since the start of my illness I've had an itchy scalp verging on Psoriasis. Most vegetable fibres tend to flare it up for me and interestingly I've noticed coconut in all forms does as well. I believe it to be to do with the lauric acid/monolaurate but I'm not sure.

Thanks. I think like you said High fibre high acid, anything that induces bowel movement flares up my itchy scalp.