• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coat hanger pain causing fatigue and low energy?

ChookityPop

I usually have pretty good energy levels but struggle with dysautonomia symptoms.

The last two weeks I have had a crash and at times I am very fatigued and low energy which is not normal for me though Ive had periods where it is very bad.

I have coat hanger pain that comes and goes and it feels like the low energy and fatigue is related to the coat hanger pain.
I had this exact same thing happening a few months back and it ended up with me getting extremely dizzy when I woke up to pee at night.

I had to lay down on the floor and slept there for a few hours feeling terrible. If I hadnt laid down I would have fainted. I felt very nauseas etc afterwards. The same thing happened 3 nights in a row. I felt a little better during the day.

I bought an acupuncture mat/needle mat which has helped me. I use it all the time.

It seems to me like coat hanger pain/autonomic dysfunction is causing the fatigue and low energy I experience. What do you guys think? Anyone else?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Are you able to go to a chiropractor? When my atlas is out it affects every place in my back where the curve changes and it can cause really bad dizzy spells.

When I've had them, even laying down, the room would spin but like you said when I got up from laying down, the floor would feel like it was tipped at a 45 degree angle.

Everyone is different but for me two visits each time took that type of dizziness away.

Anyway, hope you can find something to help. It's a bit dangerous to feel the room tip like that.

ChookityPop

Are you able to go to a chiropractor? When my atlas is out it affects every place in my back where the curve changes and it can cause really bad dizzy spells.

When I've had them, even laying down, the room would spin but like you said when I got up from laying down, the floor would feel like it was tipped at a 45 degree angle.

Everyone is different but for me two visits each time took that type of dizziness away.

Anyway, hope you can find something to help. It's a bit dangerous to feel the room tip like that.
Thats great that you found relief! Thanks for the tip! Do you have dysautonomia/POTS? Im sorry I forget all the time, in case you have answered that previously:)

Judee

I haven't been diagnosed with POTS but I feel like I have some type of OI (Orthostatic Intolerance).

My heart races when just sitting. Plus, standing in one place for a long time makes me feel anxious like I'm going to pass out.

Lately, even walking (movement that keeps blood flowing to the heart and hopefully my brain) makes me feel very weak and faint.

ChookityPop

I haven't been diagnosed with POTS but I feel like I have some type of OI (Orthostatic Intolerance).

My heart races when just sitting. Plus, standing in one place for a long time makes me feel anxious like I'm going to pass out.

Lately, even walking (movement that keeps blood flowing to the heart and hopefully my brain) makes me feel very weak and faint.
Have you tried compression?

I also experience slight dizziness at random times but it hasnt been anything serious other than the dizziness I experienced during that 3 day period.

Judee

Have you tried compression?

Yes and they make me feel better in some ways (bp goes up and I feel like I can stand longer) but then my vein/arteries start to hurt really badly along with my heart so I have to take them off again. Then I get a horrible rebound affect.