• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Closed thread my reply *2 new* letters, Myra McClue, Annette Whittemore

flybro

Thanks Roy

this was relevant, and should be considered by all.

I didn't find it laughable, it is exactly what many have tried to say.

It is a reality in every walk of life.

I thnk Cort does a good job and I appreciate his efforts, I have not had a problem with how he has handled most situations in the public forums.

When people feel they cant freely speak up on what is a PUBLIC forum, problems occur.

I sat back and kept quiet, then when I speak up, others do to.

There is a problem, I dont think I am causing the problem.

I may not be articulating how I percieve the problem perfectly but I am trying. As are others.

Thanks for the link Roy.

My blogg has been edited almost obliterated, although one of more insultong posts was left to stand.

The people that are complaining have not been known to be troublemakers.

I posted this elswhere but think it should be here

I did not appreciate having my blogg edited by you and Martlet. It smacks of more of the same problem.

I'll try harder to get my point across, in terms that dont offend anyones sensibilities.

How many times have mods had to intervene in disputes amongst the posters that complained about the moderation. How many people have to speak up, its not as though people are complaining for fun.

Everyone that complained did so becasue they dont want the forums to loose what brought them here.

it s my opinion that many good people have left becasue of the style of moderation.

I also believe that this is why you are so short on ppl wanting to join the mod or admin team.

I'm not a trouble maker, neither is Koan, neither was Lilly, nor are many that have spoken up.

The mods that we have been complianing about are causing problems beacuae of the tone of the moderation.

When a complaint is offered up against them they dont listen, they attack.

What are the reasonable people supposed to do?

I asked if I could put one on ignore, so I wouldn't feel offended by their comments.

How would you like us to complain about the moderation?

None of us seem to have found the right tone for an acceptable complaint.

We have tried.

The word bullying is getting thrown around becasue people are feeling bullied into silence.

It takes courage to speak up, and that should be encouraged, especially amomgst people that would prefer to wlk away.

However when they speak up, when they try to express there concerns, they are stepped on.

Surely thats not what you want?

My blogg has been edited, comments have been taken away form other contributors, however my more insulting post was left to stand.

it now reads worse than it did before Martlet edited it.

Kurt has responded to my edited blogg,

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/en...2-new*-letters-Myra-McClue-Annette-Whittemore

am i just being pig-headed over this? and this

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?4011-Moderating-on-the-forums-How-it-works/page9

I'm not trying to carry on the row, I'm trying to get what it is i am not getting.

Is it that everyone that has spoken up are wrong, and now that we have complianed the moderating is going to intensify.

MEKoan

This dreadful situation echos the situation regarding ME in ways that I find very disturbing. I am getting emails from people who feel just a little crazy because certain things seem so clear to them and yet a totally different scenario is being described by a group of people who have some kind of power over them. What happened the other day has left many people badly shaken.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I am so very sorry this happened. I've seen this coming for a long time. Since Cold-Taste was punished. Since Aftermath left. Since so many people have been censoring what they write (including me). Since Cort recruited a stable of watchers to make sure none of us stepped over the invisible and unannounced line of the day.

This is a sad day. Don't you all understand that you will never keep such a highly intelligent, knowledgeable, creative and articulate group of people together here unless you let them speak freely and share ideas in the ways which they find most comfortable? This IS the internet, you know. We are not speaking at the church tea. I think most of us assume that we are speaking to adults, and that people who are on the internet know they are not going to hear children's ideas or children's language.

This has been a great forum. I'm sad to see it go.

I understand your concerns but we have to make a decision; the moderators are spread really thin - they, for the most part, act in a professional manner and we're not going to let them be the object of rants. If you can't tolerate the moderation without being really upset then this is not a good place for you. We are going to have moderation on these forums in order to do that we have to create a safe environment for the moderators. That's basically the key point for us.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Thanks Roy

this was relevant, and should be considered by all.

I didn't find it laughable, it is exactly what many have tried to say.

It is a reality in every walk of life.

I thnk Cort does a good job and I appreciate his efforts, I have not had a problem with how he has handled most situations in the public forums.

When people feel they cant freely speak up on what is a PUBLIC forum, problems occur.

I sat back and kept quiet, then when I speak up, others do to.

There is a problem, I dont think I am causing the problem.

I may not be articulating how I percieve the problem perfectly but I am trying. As are others.

Thanks for the link Roy.

My blogg has been edited almost obliterated, although one of more insultong posts was left to stand.

The people that are complaining have not been known to be troublemakers.

I posted this elswhere but think it should be here

My blogg has been edited, comments have been taken away form other contributors, however my more insulting post was left to stand.

it now reads worse than it did before Martlet edited it.

Kurt has responded to my edited blogg,

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/en...2-new*-letters-Myra-McClue-Annette-Whittemore

am i just being pig-headed over this? and this

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?4011-Moderating-on-the-forums-How-it-works/page9

I'm not trying to carry on the row, I'm trying to get what it is i am not getting.

Is it that everyone that has spoken up are wrong, and now that we have complianed the moderating is going to intensify.

Flybro you have a legitimate complaint - we should have been in touch with you about what in those comments was problematic. I apologize for that.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Flybro you have a legitimate complaint - we should have been in touch with you about what in those comments was problematic. I apologize for that.

Cort, thank you for this.

If any of the moderators would like to know my opinion, I would love to be asked. I've hesitated to voice my concerns on these threads because every comment seemed to lead to more contention and confusion.

I love these forums. I'm sorry that I haven't thanked you, Cort, often and well, nor have I thanked the moderators for their time and hard work. So I offer my thanks, now, and acknowledge what a difficult task you all have before you. None of you have to do this, and yet you choose, daily, to offer your time and effort. I am very appreciative.

I want to see these forums flourish. I have been very disturbed watching what I see as well-intentioned efforts lead to more divisiveness rather than less.

I love that you're asking, Cort. I want to be in a position to help strengthen what is so wonderful here, but that will also require some constructive criticism. I don't have the words, yet, but this is important. All our voices are important. Can you please tell us how best to offer our words?

All of us here are important. All of us should feel valued and heard. All of us.

Thanks for offering me the space to do this.

gracenote

leelaplay

thank you Cort

thank you moderators

thank you all who expressed their opinions

thank you gracenote. Ditto what you wrote.

flybro

Cheers Cort

and sorry to have casued u hassle.

its about time we had a forum party, we need something to celabrate