• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Clomid side effects

Dr. starting me on 50 mg clomid every third day to boost my Testosterone levels. First couple days it felt as if I was getting more blood flow, didn't feel worse or better. I was also battling virus at the time which causes sleep to be <5 hours. Then I had one of the best days I've had in over 3 years. Brain fog was lifted almost all the way. I put in a strenuous workout and then crashed.

Mood is severely depressed and I also have vision side effects at night with bright lights. The vision is a known side effect and in some cases can be permanent. Given the long half life of clomid, some reports say 4 weeks to 3 months to eliminate it.

I got my DNA results after I started, which showed a bunch of the common SNP variants in regards to methylation. Heterzygous 667T and 1298C, COMTV158++, CBSC669T+-, MTR and MTRR...

Should I just proceed with cautious with a methylation protocol or is there anything specific I can add like Activated charcoal, ALA, NAC, Aromatise inhibitor(I was taking 50mg zinc which is suppose to be natural AI) that may help get rid of it?

drob31

There are other SERMS that are newer than Clomid that don't have the same side effects like toremifene aka fareston. It may be worth into using other SERMS if they help as Clomid can have worse side effects.

yeah this stuff is awful. I read in literature that vision was 2% side effect, so I figured all of the online reports were just outliers of people who had these side effects. I'm going to stop and likely go on TRT.

I was going to take ALA then I read about how one shouldn't take with almagram fillings. I'm overwhelmed with research atm. I've tried NAC before and it left me with sulfur gas. I wonder if having the CBS mutations means I don't tolerate the NAC and increased glutathione as result? Honestly this stuff is way over my head, and I'm easy susceptible to snake oil having no success with traditional Doctors for my mTBI/subsequent brain fog/fatigue.

Runner5

This is random and may not apply, but I found out living in the PNW where it's always densely cloudy that vitamin D (a hormone, not actually a vitamin) is a necessity for testosterone. So a lot of guys around here are low T. I don't know if upping sun exposure or D supplementation would help (but it might! :D) because I'm not familiar with your protocol etc. etc. but thought I might mention it because I'm not sure that the D connection is widely known....lots of guys here taking shots but also with a whole big box of health issues.

The people here who seem not to have the bad health issues - they eat a whole lot of fish, which I'm going to go out on a limb and guess helps that issue. So eh' maybe do us in the PNW a solid and eat Pacific Salmon? Haha, I'm just kidding. Although, in all seriousness our local fish eaters - all good healthy weights, all good energy and pretty darn amazing. I'm pretty jealous of their health. Like my barista, full head of brown hair down to her waist, a braid as thick as my wrist and she's 60 and works all day on her feet.

Just some observations - but again - probably pointless observations.

I think I have the MTHFR (or whatever it's called mutation) I need to get that tested.