• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic Low Back Pain Anyone?

Do You Have Chronic Low Back Pain?

• Total voters
I have this chronic Low Back Pain for many years. Curious if this issue is present in many of you out there too! If so, what have you done to fix this? Thanks

southwestforests

Result of a work injury in early 1990s while cleaning fish tanks.
Things done, which help, but don't fix:
Exercises, which sometimes get forgotten for a day to a week.
Occasional physical therapy.
Occasional medication to frequent medication, the thing is variable for some reasons known and some reasons unknown.
(who knows, could vary with the price of cat food in Keokuk divided by the square root of the moon phase)
And ...
Believe it or not ...
Watching what I eat ...
... having inflammatory bowel disease, it seems the inflamed, swollen, bowel will push on the lumbar injury site and cause increased pain.

SnappingTurtle

I developed chronic lower back pain within a year after simultaneous ebv, flu a and flu b infections triggered my ME/CFS. I attribute it to the fact that I am mostly housebound and moderately bed bound. I now know that because of POTS, it makes sense that being at 0 to 45 degrees reduces severity of some symptoms. Because of this reclined setup. I don't think it is doing my back any favors.

Back