• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chlorella allergy?

Hey all, just curious if anyone has experienced th return of bad anxiety/mental symptoms from taking chlorella. I tried a small amount and the terrible anxiety I experienced previously (first time from who knows what and second time was from a yeast probiotic). I'm presuming I have mold and Mercury issues because of my reactions to the probiotic and my raised Mercury levels. I also have read these issues go hand in hand because the pathways our bodies use to rid ourselves of these toxins are the same. So when it's down from one thing then both things become problems.

I am very sure I am allergic to chlorella, it causes me directly heavy vomiting, which I normale don't have, and malaise. My body seems to want to get rid of it asap.
I wrote about this on another forum, but no one else had the same.
After two times I quit taking chlorella.

The same thing happened when I ate grape leafs (like dolma's) and drank wheat grass (is this correct)?

I think it is possible due to allergy to aesculus hippocastanum, this might be the common substance in those. But I am not sure of this.

Now I am very reluctant to eat very green vegetables, like spinach and rucola, and some herbs. This green color gives me a direct warning, although I am not sure if this is "sensible". But better save then sorry.

outdamnspot

Just wondering if anyone else can add to this?

I started using Chlorella a couple of weeks ago in conjunction with coffee enemas. I went to stay with a friend for 2 weeks and was passing a lot of Candida during that period, breaking out into rashes, experiencing itching (especially around my anus), and suffering extreme weakness, fatigue and depression I ran out of Chlorella and came back home and noticed that I had more energy and my moods were also a little better.

I wonder if I'm somehow intolerant of Chlorella, or if it was aiding Candida elimination somehow? I don't believe I have a mercury issue (never had fillings). However, I also realize I had a consistently unpleasant, metallic taste in my mouth while using the Chlorella, which has now disappeared .. so maybe it was drawing something else out?

Dufresne

almost there...
Chlorella causes me to break out with pimples on my back. It's the only binder/detoxifyer to do this. It's even worse if I'm consuming a good deal of saturated fat along with it.

I read that it might be the iodine that leads to chlorella-induced acne, but when I tested this theory with fairly high doses of straight iodine my skin remained clear. So I don't know if this is a detox symptom or not. Anybody ever had anything like this?

outdamnspot

Chlorella causes me to break out with pimples on my back. It's the only binder/detoxifyer to do this. It's even worse if I'm consuming a good deal of saturated fat along with it.

I read that it might be the iodine that leads to chlorella-induced acne, but when I tested this theory with fairly high doses of straight iodine my skin remained clear. So I don't know if this is a detox symptom or not. Anybody ever had anything like this?

I don't get acne, but noticed an increase in other rashes when using Chlorella, which I presumed was a detox symptom.

Hello!
Why not take chlorophyll only instead of chlorella since it's chlorphyll that chelates mercury and is harmful to pathogens. that what my doctor prescribes me (i don't know the effects yet). Since chlorophyll is only around 3% of chlorella, you can react to a lot of things in chlorella
Chlorophyll is more expensive
I buy a mold-free, heavy metal-free chlorophyll

Lotus97

Hello!
Why not take chlorophyll only instead of chlorella since it's chlorphyll that chelates mercury and is harmful to pathogens. that what my doctor prescribes me (i don't know the effects yet). Since chlorophyll is only around 3% of chlorella, you can react to a lot of things in chlorella
Chlorophyll is more expensive
I buy a mold-free, heavy metal-free chlorophyll

I you sure about that? Most chlorphyll I've seen contains "Chlorophyllin copper" and is (not surprisingly) high in copper. Also, it's the thiols in chlorella that chelates the mercury.