• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chest wall pain and fatigue

1gooddog

I used to have it very often, it was often very painful. As I remember mine used to get much worse with flares also. I remember it was so painful at times I would rub my chest trying to help sooth the pain.

My hunch is the same as mary's, probably inflammation? I rarely have it now since my health has improved but I still get some minor symptoms from time to time.

Jim
I have a lengthy history with no explanation. Recently everything is adding up. I posted my history. I forgot to mention I could only shallow breathe and try not to move at all.

1gooddog

I have a lengthy history with no explanation. Recently everything is adding up. I posted my history. I forgot to mention I could only shallow breathe and try not to move at all.
I tried all manner of relief. Passing out from pain, not helpful. Hours of rest with heat, don't touch me, aspirin, Tylenol, you name it. IV Valium and lidocaine cocktail worked. Except for the last major episode. Several massive drug interventions only temporary. Don't know the source or the cause, so treat the results symptoms which is mainly what we do. And yes if that happens to me again, I will accept any drug they offer. Seeing what others have gone through is enough to tell me the source. Muscle fatigue in the most extreme resulting from ME/CFS. People with MS also have it.

E.man

Getting upper chest pain after worsening of symptoms.
Thoracic back has tightened up too. I would be trying intensive physio for mine if it was available and I could get to it.

For me, chest pain/angina is definitely associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. Pretty sure this is a well documented phenomenon eg Cheney, Lerner, Myhill.
Nowadays if I do too much, angina is often part of my PEM experience.
It's scary as hell. Just another thing the doctors dismiss.