• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheney 'Can structured or certain natural waters be of benefit to CFS'

busybee

Has anyone got full access to Cheneys Research?

The issue of redox shifting as well as redox buffering in CFS appears of paramount importance. Cellular energy is critically dependent on redox and reduced energy fluctuations are dependent on proper redox buffering. In addition, many important viruses linked to CFS including herpes group viruses and the newly discovered retrovirus XMRV are likely very sensitive to the redox set point. At optimal redox set points, no viral replication is possible. These two concepts of viral activation and cellular energy as redox dependent makes attention to redox shifting of critical importance in CFS. It appears that certain types of water may be very useful in adjusting the redox state of CFS in a positive direction.

I would like to know which waters are suggested.

Min

thank you busybee,that's very interesting & I hope someone can tell us more.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
A doctor who consults with Cheney recommended this water to me. (I don't want to mislead anyone I don't know that this is the same water that Cheney recommends.)

This info is from anuwater.com. At the bottom of the PDF it states: "A thorough research paper with scientific references will be available on our website www.anuwater.com." Following this link gave me the following message: "This site is down for maintenance. Please check back again soon. To place orders . . ."

http://anuwater.com/info/TheEnergeticsofAnuWater.pdf

I can tell you that Anu Water costs around $75 / gallon, and tastes like bad city water or drinking from a swimming pool (or maybe both). I've received no instructions on how to incorporate it, but at the price, someone other than Anu's marketing firm would need to really convince me that these are truly "healing waters."

Anu Natural Mineral Supplement

Anu Natural Mineral Supplement Anu Water is an unprecedented, scientifically researched product optimizing health through effectively working with an individuals bio-terrain. It does so by providing:

Information: Vibrant health requires intelligent information. It is delivered to each cell via the watery extra-cellular fluid in which cells are immersed. Ionized water is the transporter which allows elements to signal and transmit chemical and electrical information that is needed for life-sustaining cellular processes. Anu Water delivers elemental intelligence, sought after by cellular DNA, for the entire body to reclaim balance, vitality, and optimal health. Anus intelligent elements provide information on a cellular level and bio-regulation on a whole body level.

Minerals: Anu Water is composed of over 80 minerals. Minerals are vaguely classified in nutritional science; sometimes they are defined as Cations (a positively charge ion), and sometimes as any element contained in the ocean. At Anu Water, we use the term to indicate naturally-occurring elements found in the ocean.

pH: Anu Water is rich in alkaline mineral salts, and contains a pH varying between 7.6-8.1. The bioavailability of Anus trace minerals is easily transformed into cellular responses.

HClO: Anu Water contains trace amounts of hypochlorous acida weak, and non-toxic oxy-chloro molecule. As an antibacterial, it is unparalleled; the EPA has recognized its action against protozoans, bacteria, mold, fungi, and viruses. It is a safely consumable solution that destroys E. coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, mold, and fungi on contact. In low concentrations, hypochlorous acid has an unsurpassed effect upon the bio-terrain. Testimonials from our customers verify that Anus slight chlorine flavor is counterbalanced by the numerous health benefits derived from drinking Anu Water.

Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP): ORP is a commonly- used measure in physical chemistry for denoting the oxidation or reduction power of a substance, usually a liquid, and is expressed as millivolts. It is the ability of substances to donate an electron in a reaction that gives it anti-oxidant properties. Positive ORP has been shunned by the water science community as oxidizing rather than reducing; ignoring the fact that Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants with a higher molecular weight have a high positive ORP. Anu has an ORP of 600- 800mv when bottled.

dannybex

Thanks for posting this Busybee. I saw the mention of 'natural waters' in another thread and was curious as well. Not sure what 'structured' waters are, but have recently been googling links between fluoridated waters (and food products / juices that are made from fluoridated waters) and CFS/Fibro (and other chronic conditions like arthritis, IBS, ADD, ADHD, etc.) and the info turned up is pretty damning.

Fluoride really screws up kidney function, plus affects the pineal gland, bones, muscles, practically everything. Sure, most people don't seem to have a problem, but it's my understanding that the problems happen depending on one's total body burden of heavy metals, plus interactions with other metals.

But maybe that's for a separate thread.

d.

p.s. Many 'natural' foods are very high in fluorides: raisins, teas (even green tea), baby foods...plus many drugs are made from fluorides.....the list goes on and on.......augh.

Navid

iceland spring water at walgreen's is what cheney has been recommending...before ppl go off spending $75/gallon of water. i have no other information regarding the water content and the why's of his recommendation...sorry. just trying to save ppl from spending lots of money on WATER.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
iceland spring water at walgreen's is what cheney has been recommending...before ppl go off spending $75/gallon of water. i have no other information regarding the water content and the why's of his recommendation...sorry. just trying to save ppl from spending lots of money on WATER.

From google search:

Iceland Spring Water

Launched in 2001, Iceland Spring is a premium, alkaline water and one of the purest bottled waters in the world. Due to the remoteness of Iceland and lack of industrialization, it has one of the lowest levels of undesirable chemicals ever recorded and a natural pH level of 8.88, which can provide numerous health benefits. Iceland Spring is bottled daily at the source in Iceland. Filtered through inert layers of lava rock, the water trickles into the ground over decades picking up a minimum of soluble minerals. It then emerges in a government protected natural spring, in an ancient lava field, in the heart of an isolated nature reserve called Heidmork. Iceland Spring is protected right at its source; over 1 million square feet around the source is fenced to keep out animals, and the entire park of 150 acres is closed from unauthorized entry.

News / Iceland Spring

Iceland Spring is the best bottled water available, according to Dr. Richard Maas, Ph.D., of the University of North Carolina Environmental Quality Institute

Imported from the pristine mountains of Iceland comes Iceland Spring water, the purest water available in todays market. Icelandic water has long been attributed to the healthfulness of its people. The comparative remoteness of Iceland, its lack of intensive agriculture and heavy industry, and its system of tides and winds that protect from weather-borne pollutants result in fresh and pure water that cannot be found anywhere else.

Originating from this virtually untouched land, Iceland Spring offers consumers the purest water. Naturally filtered through lava rock before resurfacing in intermittent springs, Iceland Springs natural filtration results in a refreshing quality that is unrivaled by any other.

In comparison to other leading premium bottled waters, studies have shown that Iceland Spring sets a high standard of purity. With the lowest levels of total dissolved solids and non-detectable nitrates or arsenic, Iceland Spring is more pure than Volvic, Vittel, Evian, and Fiji among others. Bottled water expert, Dr. Richard Maas, Ph.D., of the University of North Carolina Environmental Quality Institute proclaimed Iceland Spring to be the best bottled water available. Compared to over 45 bottled waters* previously viewed by the Environmental Quality Institute in overall quality we have found none better than Iceland Spring, writes Dr. Maas, Ph. D. in his recent assessment of the quality if Iceland Spring bottled water.

Iceland Spring water is available nationally through Whole Foods, Walgreens, and Vitamin Shoppe among others. Locally, in the New York Metro Area Iceland Spring can be found in Mrs. Greens, Westerly Markets, Columbus Natural Foods, Mani Market, A & P, Food Emporium, DAgastinos, Associated Supermarkets and many more. Iceland Spring is one of the top selling bottled water import in the United States.

I like these prices much better.

Iceland Pure Spring Water 33.8oz.
$4.00

I definitely would like to hear more about structured water if anyone else has more information.

dannybex

Iceland Spring water...still safe?

Hope the volcanic eruption does not muddy things up.

INTERESTING you should mention this Hoping:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8629241.stm

Toxic ash threatens Iceland animals

Farmers in southern Iceland have been racing to protect their animals from being poisoned by volcanic dust.

The animals are at risk of fluoride poisoning if they inhale or ingest the ash, leading to internal bleeding, long-term bone damage and teeth loss...

Icelandic President Olaf Ragnar Grimsson: It's an important lesson for all of us."

I wonder if Cheney has changed his recommendation...and/or if the "Iceland Spring" springs, are out of harms way, and still considered safe? :confused:

d.

p.s. thanks for posting that LiveRock! Scary........fluoride is in so many products, foods, waters, juices, and kind of interesting/disturbing that many areas started fluoridation in the '50's, '60's, and 1970's...

p.s.p.s. Turns out the springs in Heidmork are about 75 miles away from where the volcano erupted. :eek:

Navid

I wonder if Cheney has changed his recommendation...and/or if the "Iceland Spring" springs, are out of harms way, and still considered safe?

no has not changed his rec post volcano:
yes out of harms way and yes still considered safe...he checked w/the mfc post volcano.

Hysterical Woman

Anyone trying the Iceland Water?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else was trying the Iceland water? I have been drinking it for about a week - actually alternating it with Fiji. I started it because it sounded interesting, was easy, relatively cheap, and the news about it came out at the same time the Brita filter on my kitchen faucet broke.

I have to admit I feel slightly better. Can I attribute it to the water? Don't know, but it seems easy to continue it for a while. Am I sensitive to the fluoride that is dumped in our water locally? Liverock, thanks (I think) for the info that some fluoride is now coming from China. I don't believe the Brita filters that I have been using removes fluoride.

I hope that the water source continues to be unpolluted from the volcanic eruptions.

Anyone else drinking the water?

Hysterical

I haven't tried it, Hysterical - but I can say that after listening to Klinghardt lecture (recently, via ustream, at the LIA conference), I decided to go back to bottled for a bit to see if I notice any difference in how I feel, as compared to our Pure2O filter here at home. Klinghardt suggests using reverse osmosis water much for the same reason as being discussed - no fluoride. I have to say I believe I've noticed a difference:)

Hysterical Woman

I haven't tried it, Hysterical - but I can say that after listening to Klinghardt lecture (recently, via ustream, at the LIA conference), I decided to go back to bottled for a bit to see if I notice any difference in how I feel, as compared to our Pure2O filter here at home. Klinghardt suggests using reverse osmosis water much for the same reason as being discussed - no fluoride. I have to say I believe I've noticed a difference:)

Hi Seeker,

Good to see you here - welcome to the forums!!

Hysterical

Is water that is bottled in plastic really good for the chronically ill?

We discovered our water (which I've been drinking for 20+ years) is not within new state limit for arsenic-given I have horrible neuro problems my husband is installing a filtration system that takes out arsenic, microbes, and chemicals (non found in recent water test)
I wonder if I should try the icelandic water in the meantime-but wondre about plastic given I'm chemicaly sensitive....

Chris

Hi, all; seems that Icelandic Spring water is not distributed in Canada, and importing it would be expensive (heavy stuff, water!), but have found the Santevia filter, that promises something like a full 1 unit of Ph over tap water (i.e. from say 6.4 to at least 7.4), besides offering a full and complex filtering system. A bit expensive (compared to say the Brita faucet filter, which I also have been using for quite a while), but might be worth it for the alkalizing effect; has anyone tried it? Chris

Herbqueen - I'm sure you're right - plastic bottles are probably not good for anyone; there are some that are BPA-free, tho. I started going to the local Farmers Market (50 cents/gal) & using their RO/ozonation filtration system to fill up 2 gallon-sized bottles at a time (no idea if they're BPA free, but for now since they're clear hard plastic & kept in the fridge, I'm thinking it's OK til I can get some that are BPA-free for sure; current ones I'm using are labeled PETE 1, which some reports say is OK, others say not).

Chris - Thanks for the filter tip! I can't find anything about iodine, tho, in the Santevia filter description.

Chris

Hi, Seeker; there is no iodine, and it is designed only for water that has been treated to kill bugs etc--i.e. for municipal water supplies, though one stage of the filter does contain colloidal silver to stop bacterial build-up. There is no Bisphenol in the plastic used. Still thinking, but see no better alternative in Canada yet. Best, Chris

dannybex

Hi, Seeker; there is no iodine, and it is designed only for water that has been treated to kill bugs etc--i.e. for municipal water supplies, though one stage of the filter does contain colloidal silver to stop bacterial build-up. There is no Bisphenol in the plastic used. Still thinking, but see no better alternative in Canada yet. Best, Chris

Here's a filter that was recommended by a guy in the yahoo anti-fluoride group -- not sure if they ship to Canada, but can't imagine why they wouldn't?

http://www.pure-earth.com/fluoride-water-filters.htm (it's the Model CTD-FL, for $149.95 US)

I too have been using a Brita filter for years -- probably as long as I've been sick, and should note that I recall seeing a local news report that showed that bacteria, fungi, etc., grew in the filters (Brita and others) if they were kept out of the refridgerator longer than 45 minutes or so -- which basically suggests that all countertop filters do the same...hence the need for multiple-filtration systems.

So I do often wonder if I've been making myself sick(er), unintentionally, over the years...?

But for now I'm stuck with Brita -- I just fill it up often, dump out the old water, and replace the filters every six weeks or so. Will try and get a better one when I win the lotto...

d.

p.s. Just checked the Brita site -- they now say they use silver (along with the charcoal) in their filters, which helps prevent bacteria growth...?

dannybex

That's great to hear. I tried bottled water for about a week, and think I noticed a difference as well -- especially after going back to 'regular' water (filtered Brita). I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if there's a higher number of ME/CFS/Fibro patients in countries with fluoridated water?