• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Charité Fatigue Center @ChariteBerlin will host its 2nd international ME/CFS-Conference,

SWAlexander

Next Thursday and Friday, the Charité Fatigue Center @ChariteBerlin will host its 2nd international ME/CFS-Conference, supported by the @MECFSResearch
-Foundation and the Weidenhammer-Zöbele-Foundation. The conference will be held in English and can be joined online.
The conference is aimed at clinicians, scientists and interdisciplinary experts involved in the research and treatment of #MECFS and post-infectious syndromes, including #LongCOVID. Thematic focus is on diagnostics, pathomechanistic understanding and treatment.
Speakers include among others
@C_Scheibenbogen
@carstenfinke
@fcowester
@Dr_B_Hohberger
@CenterRes
@nunosep1
@BhupeshPrusty
@GrandeBettina
and
@neurostingl
FvhRYs8XgAI4yPV

SWAlexander

Unfortunately, I cannot get access to the Symposium in Berlin.
Here is a very good presentation from Austria in engl. (introduction in German).

"ME/CFS Endothelial Dysfunction"
1683903523930.png

Last edited:
If the daratumumab results are as good as the cyclophosphamide ones i think many patients will have a drug in a couple of years. The only problem with cyclo is the toxicity but daratumumab usually has mild side effects. If they can identify who are likely responders as well it would be a big win.

Fluge is now adding 4 more pasients to the 6 that are already trialed. He showed data from one of the responders that improved from consistently an average of 2k steps per day to 8k steps per day in just a few months time. She had ME for 34 yrs.

Tsukareta

The videos of the conference were 6 hours long, I didn't watch to try and pick out the interesting parts, feels like theres more research being done now and it makes it harder to follow everything especially when you factor in long covid stuff too.

Dude

20230515_192556.jpg
Stuff is expensive. 400mg about ~500€/$ on indiamart. Good thing is, they want to publish in 2024.

Osaca

Update: I was granted access to the document after requesting it. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to publicly post it so I'm waiting for authorization to do so. To be honest it doesn't look very interesting and is more like an extremely (1 silde and roughly 3 sentences per talk) short summary of every talk.