• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS temporarily "cured" during common cold

drob31

I'm starting to think this improvement is due to increased thyroid hormone being produced.

Same boat here, feeling amazing during a cold...

i don't know about tyrosine it used to make me so anxious/wired like i drank 5 coffees in a row. I actually throw it to garbage after 2 pills. I hate this wired feeling it's awful.

When i'm sick i am calm, collected and my head feels clear despite the little groggy feeling. Always guessed it has something to do with endorphines but actually never did researches...

Last edited:

Viala

I think I have the beginning of a common cold. Now I wonder, should I cure it while it is still very mild, or should I do nothing, let it be and see if my CFS will get better. Ludicrous decisions, sigh. I rarely get any cold.

JES

I think I have the beginning of a common cold. Now I wonder, should I cure it while it is still very mild, or should I do nothing, let it be and see if my CFS will get better. Ludicrous decisions, sigh. I rarely get any cold.

I started noticing my ME/CFS symptoms fade around 24 hours after feeling the first symptoms of a cold, so at least in my case the response was pretty quick. Don't think it's worth waiting too much longer than that. Also the curative effect seems to depend a bit on the type and strength of the chronic infection. I once noticed a similar benefit from food poisoning, but other times in the past a minor cold haven't always triggered clear benefits. Hope you get "lucky" and get to enjoy normality for a while. :thumbsup:

Viala

I started noticing my ME/CFS symptoms fade around 24 hours after feeling the first symptoms of a cold, so at least in my case the response was pretty quick. Don't think it's worth waiting too much longer than that. Also the curative effect seems to depend a bit on the type and strength of the chronic infection. I once noticed a similar benefit from food poisoning, but other times in the past a minor cold haven't always triggered clear benefits. Hope you get "lucky" and get to enjoy normality for a while. :thumbsup:

Thank you :) 24 hours sound good! I could still cure it, if it didn't do any good.
I have little chills and sore muscles at the moment, this common cold is a bit shy. It is interesting though, it's a different type of pain than usual CFS pain.

I didn't test common cold, but sometimes I have similar benefits when I do not have enough sleep. All symptoms gone.