• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS Syms

xlynx

:eek: a greenhouse LOL. Another world class CFS GP out there! I think we should make a GP idiots list.

Interested to know that valerian sets your palps off as I seem to get more palps in the morning if I take valerian at night.

However I just realized today that the green tea I have been drinking has caffeine in it and alot of it:eek:!

I couldnt belive it, I dont know why I always assumed it was caffeine free but that will explain nearly all my evening palps considering I had one before bed most nights lol and then laid in bed with palps.

T

Terri

Panic attacks

I get the panic attacks (feel like I am crawling out of my skin, can't focus or talk to anyone, can't do anything but hide under the covers) but mine seem to come on after a crash or flare.

I have been dealing with CFS/FM for 14 years. For the first 12 years I pushed myself extremely hard, not wanting to accept, continuing to work full time and I was basically in a flare mode 24/7, year round. I am now only working a few hours a week so I am naturally more rested and have fewer flares but a day out with what is normal activity for healthy people will send me into a flare or the severe exhaustion stage.

I'm sorry you have already had a negative experience with a doctor. I wish I could say it is an unusual experience but it is more the norm. I think it takes a lot of courage and belief/love for ourselves to stand firm with doctors and the medical community.

Good luck!

Terri

Martlet

I have to share the weirdest weird doc story ever. My mother (who's has CFs for about 37 years) was told by her GP, during a consultation about her breathing difficulties, that her whole problem was because she needed a greenhouse and to start potting seedlings as a hobby to improve her sense of satisfaction in life.

A psych in Suffolk told one woman she needed more children and another that she had too many. I suppose the first woman could have remedied her situation but not sure what he expected the second woman to do about hers.

Martlet

However I just realized today that the green tea I have been drinking has caffeine in it and alot of it

I've been caffeine-free for a long time - except when the international shop gets some PG Tips in (American tea is - well, never mind) then I go on a palpitation spree.

Sing

Yeah, mine too.

My nervous system has become like an ADHD kid sometimes, scattered, speedy, unable to stick to one task, to remember what I was intending, etc, while other aspects feel glued stuck or are running way too slow. So the job of my consciousness is to try to apply some leadership to all this.

I am finding that when I can find points of inspiration, love, or real need, motivations which my heart creates or can support, these become organizing points which greatly help to focus the band.

Changing metaphors again, it's like learning how to ride a bronc!

Cecelia

Sing

Forgot to preface my post with:

Hi Cecilia,

that a beautiful was of putting it.

Uncoordinated is certainly the correct word for me. My body splutters and chokes to try and keep the orchestra going.

The irony of it all is that I want to slow down but my nervous system wants to go at chaotic speeds.

The above message was in answer to your message above, xlynx!