• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

certain part of brain feels pressure/inflammed often

uni

Hi,

Does anyone experience a pressure feeling in their brain, or a feeling of inflammation? I mean in a specific area.

Whenever I am stressed, or if I eat gluten/dairy, or if I experience hypoglycemia, I get a pressure feeling in my upper/side right brain. It seems to always happens there.

I had an EEG test done that said, 'possible cortical dysfunction over right frontotemporal region'. I followed up with a CT scan that was normal, and also an MRI which was normal. Problem is, I never got to see the results of the CT or MRI scan, just the doctors just said it was normal. Although I trust the doctors would tell me if something was up, I find it weird that I had this on my EEG and I also happen to experience this pressurized feeling in my upper right brain. What is going on?

Brain Pressure feeling

Yes, I get that pressure also but on the upper left side. It gets worse with physical or mental stress and lack of sleep. I also have to eat regularly to keep it fro getting worse I have never had any studies done. Your EEG results are interesting. Maybe something worse show up on a spect scan, which of course is very hard to get.

Gavman

Yes. I also get disocciation of my right side. And found out through an ECG that i had a right bundle branch block, but that apparently its ok. I get it in the right side behind my ear and a headache in the temples.

I dont know whats going on. But avoiding sex and food sucks, so i guess i'll put up with it. lol.

taniaaust1

You have a right to the actual copy of your results.. you can apply to the hospital which did them for them, often an admin fee is thou charged (or to your doctor for them).

My 2 MRIs have always been normal.. two out of three of my EEGs thou do show abnormalities.

November Girl

I used to get pea soup brain fog - like the type of fog where you literally can't see your hand right in front of yourself. Any attempts to think brought extreme pain. I've since assumed that my brain must have been severely inflamed at that point. My brain functions a lot better these days, but my last EEG was still abnormal. I know it showed a lot of seizure activity. I'll get a copy of the report to see what else it showed.

hixxy

Hi,

Does anyone experience a pressure feeling in their brain, or a feeling of inflammation? I mean in a specific area.

Whenever I am stressed, or if I eat gluten/dairy, or if I experience hypoglycemia, I get a pressure feeling in my upper/side right brain. It seems to always happens there.

I had an EEG test done that said, 'possible cortical dysfunction over right frontotemporal region'. I followed up with a CT scan that was normal, and also an MRI which was normal. Problem is, I never got to see the results of the CT or MRI scan, just the doctors just said it was normal. Although I trust the doctors would tell me if something was up, I find it weird that I had this on my EEG and I also happen to experience this pressurized feeling in my upper right brain. What is going on?

Brain has no pain receptors. So likely your symptoms are on the outside of the skull. Not to say that they don't have a neurological basis though.

Seven7

Seven
I feel my brain inflames like balloon in my left top side. If the inflammation goes on for a few days, then I feel a burn, like acid like (like heart burn but in brain) so I assume some kinda of relieve happens. The burning can last 1 or 2 days. Once the burning stops then the balloon like feeling is gone. I freaked out the first time it happened, a few people here had it too so I calmed.
MRI showed 5 little lesions, neuro said is ok just to keep an eye on it.

i get that brain burning/acid thing too! curious: does it ever affect how you walk? i find that it becomes painful to move my head when this happens, so i need to be careful not to walk too quickly.

xchocoholic

I get a slight pain / tightness on top of my head esp at bedtime, but magnesium and / or klonopin eliminate it. The base
of my skull hurts sometimes so I have to ice it. And I have paget's of the skull that causes pain
when it's active. I didn't know what that pain was for years until the growth became obvious. So that's
a possibility too.

fwiw. I used to have white lesions on my brain but these are gone probably via gf diet. My ataxia went
away too. But I still have myoclonus and petite mals. Tc .. X

Seven7

Seven
It hurts to the touch where I feel the acid. I do not have problem walking but I do drop things from my left hand. It gets worse when I am feeling pressure in head (inflammation)