• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Celltrend and DSY1 lab tests what is the benefit?

Celltrend and DYS1 panel from mayo
What could I learn from these tests and how can that benefit me?

kangaSue

Celltrend and DYS1 panel from mayo
What could I learn from these tests and how can that benefit me?
There's still no consensus on what the implications are, or what is the best plan of attack for dealing with the antibodies found in the CellTrend tests.

The Mayo DYS1 panel on the other hand may at least turn up something else that is a differential diagnosis to ME/CFS and which may be treatable in a more specific way.

There's still no consensus on what the implications are, or what is the best plan of attack for dealing with the antibodies found in the CellTrend tests.

The Mayo DYS1 panel on the other hand may at least turn up something else that is a differential diagnosis to ME/CFS and which may be treatable in a more specific way.
Do you know any specific differential diagnosis you can receive from running dys1?

kangaSue

Do you know any specific differential diagnosis you can receive from running dys1?
As occurs with the general population at large, I'm sure there will be a number of CFS'ers who have a co-morbid autoimmune condition and the DYS1 panel tests for a few other known things that also involve muscle weakness issues.

Although few in number, I have come across cases where Sjogrens Syndrome, Lambert Eatons Myasthenic Syndrome, or Myasthenia Gravis have either been misdiagnosed as ME/CFS or a co-morbidity of it (and there is certainly a fair bit of overlap in symptom between ME/CFS and Lambert Eatons Myasthenic Syndrome).

It's not at all unusual to have more than one autoimmune condition too, something that appears to often be the case in those who also have Ehlers Danloss syndrome, and Autoimmune Autonomic Ganglionopathy (tested for in the DYS1 panel) is one of the things that can go in concert with the autoimmune (e.g. Sjogren's) or heritable (EDS) connective tissue disorders.