• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC replication study delayed in order to prepare a press release?!

Gemini

Cooperative Diagnostics lab is sharing their CFS blood samples with the CDC. I don't know if this sharing was for this study or another study that will come out much later.

Rrrr,

When you say blood samples, do you mean the drops of blood they collected from CFS patients for their commercial XMRV test, now withdrawn?

Gemini

Could they be holding off due to conflicting findings from the retrovirology group and later discovering in the blood safety study?

Impish

I am guessing it is the results from the big CDC study... Dr. Katz is giving a presentation on the 11th and he is involved. Why have a teleconference if there is nothing to report but a negative study.

http://www.ascp.org/LongDescriptions/Teleconferences/TH0037X.aspx

Following the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:

•Identify the taxonomic relationships of XMRV
•Recognize the disease associations that are being proposed for XMRV
•Justify the emerging interest in XMRV in transfusion medicine
•Evaluate current research initiatives

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Co-Operative test doesn't work. Are the CDC crazy using their data?

This will backfire as peeps are XMRV- by Co-operative and XMRV+ by VIpdx

serenity

i'll throw in my vote as a former PR person (tho granted i just did PR for rock bands, nothing this big time) - i think it's a positive thing. they are trying to figure out how to cover their asses :)

Doogle

Sorry, but could someone point me to a link where Cort's has posted this on his XMRV buzz page or where it was announced the CDC study has been delayed for a week? Thanks.

The link to the XMRV buzz page is

http://aboutmecfs.org/Rsrch/XMRVBuzz.aspx

The information is at the bottom of the May 27th entry. I'd like to know more about where this information came from. It's going to be a long weekend!!! I hope the news is good but have learned over the years to not expect much from CDC.

Bob

where the hell is that paper bag, I'm losin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimbob......

Sorry I kept it so long.... passing it back to you!

Jimbob...I'm stealing it from you! :eek::eek:

breathe-into-paper-bag-150x150.jpg

Could you pass it back soon please?

:eek:

hensue

I have already eaten two Choc donuts that is not good!!! You know what sugar does to us.

flex

I just pushed over a bum in the street and stole his paper bag in order to do some breathing exercises. Unfortunately the bag was concealing a rather rancid bottle of cheap scotch and the fumes from the bag have blown me away.

I have now passed out!

Bob, pass the bag man... whooo... far out....

maryb

iherb code TAK122
wow..wow...wow....

i became ill after receiving hcg injections during the ivf process.....i got my baby, but maybe xmrv in the process. life really is full of twists and turns : )[/QUOTE]

I too was never the same after HCG injections, just got worse and worse until a virus slammed me down, never got the baby either:sad:

Bob

I just pushed over a bum in the street and stole his paper bag in order to do some breathing exercises. Unfortunately the bag was concealing a rather rancid bottle of cheap scotch and the fumes from the bag have blown me away.

I have now passed out!

Bob, pass the bag man... whooo... far out....

*Bob passes bag to someone who needs it more right now*

When you gain consciousness again flex, could you pass it round please?

I visited a friend the other day (yes, I have one or two who stuck by me) who was painting his flat...

I almost passed out after half an hour from the fumes... and he hadn't even noticed them!

I had to leave.